gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: mk e's Shop remodel
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:39 am 

In my garage that is about 35 feet long, I have an external vertical air compressor inside in its own little low house. It is connected by three cheap 1/2" hard plastic air hoses the just clip onto connectors. You have to be careful to properly align these connectors or otherwise they leak. But once done, they never leek unless something bumps into them. All the piping is along the 35 foot wall which has the air compressor on its outside. One branch feeds a bead blaster, and it provides plenty of air to keep that blaster at full tilt. Another branch feeds air driven power tools. The third branch feeds a general purpose long hose that has an air nosel to blow things, an air chuck to fill tires. This branch also has a subbranch to blow stuff the lathe and another branch for the car lift air lock. There are four air pressure valves in all. One for the blast box, one for the air tools, one for the general purpose hose, but yet another for the branch to the lift. This brach goes up to the ceiling and then down a lift leg. The whole works was quite cheap and took only a couple of short days to install.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 am 

Lowell_Brown wrote:
It is connected by three cheap 1/2" hard plastic air hoses the just clip onto connectors.

Like PVC? I've read that stuff has a bad habit of exploding after a few years due to the compressor oil and such.

No work last night. I saw activity at the woodchuck den and decided that with Lana and the kids not home it would be a good idea to light a nice smokey fire in the opening and all was well for a bit. Lana came home and wasn't too mad, we had dinner than Lana ask way it smells like smoke in the house..... the basement was a haze of smoke. Clearly the framing to the foundation under the front step is not sealed in any way. I got in so much trouble.....that frikin woodchuck better be dead.......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm 

My air lines are like this:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... gJfxfD_BwE

But the connectors are not so nice.

The piece up to the to the 12 foot ceiling and over it for about 7 feet for the car lift is small diameter PVC which carries a reduce pressure of about 80 foot-lbs. I have had this system for about 12 years and have had no problems.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:31 pm 

Ahhh...yes I'm looking at maybe using that....looks easy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:13 pm 

Here is exactly what I used from Eastwood:

https://www.eastwood.com/master-garage- ... e-kit.html

I should have said 80 lbs/ft^2 to get my units right.

The line up the wall and over the ceiling to power the lift stops is 1/2" PVC with only 80lbs/ft^2.
Really small PVC pipe like this is plenty strong --- I would not want to put 200 lbs/ft^2 through a 2" PVC pipe!

The Eastwood couplings do not appear a good as the ones in the first web page that I sent you.

But I think that Eastwood is 1/2" and the others were 3/4". If you run separate 1/2" tubes all the way to the compressor they work fine. I takes a lot of air for my blast cabinet and a lot of air for some of my air tools, and the smaller tubes work out fine --- but I should double check that they are indeed 1/2" .

I just looked at Eastwood and they are only 3/8". But they do work OK, though 1/2" might be better. If you had only one main line with sub outlets, then this main line would have to be bigger than 3/8" I guess, but I have three 3/8" tubes running all the way back to the compressor.

The setup I used 12 yeas ago had just come on the market --- or just a few years before. I would now look around to see if I could get a little better connectors without doubling their price.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:24 am 

The pool is covered, battery in the bmw died and got replaced, I've not see the woodchuck so I filled his new hole with concrete and reset the front step. While cleaning up the waste concrete and a few rocks the front couple inches snapped off my favorite shovel.....poor thing was just ground paper thin and worn right out after the garage and patio work. This all left me just barely enough time this weekend to put a door knob on the shop side door.....I did get scolded for it as the door is not painted but with the 40f wind blowing it was SOOOO worth it. Hopefully back to wiring tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 am 

So it took a week but I finally got back to wiring last night and finished up the east and north walks. I guess upstairs is next....but the framing inst really finished up there....if I can at least get the wires I need from the panel run up then I can get the downstairs insulated and drywalled which would make me very happy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 pm 

Turned on a heater tonight....

Attachments:
20181026_185616-resized-1024.jpg
20181026_185616-resized-1024.jpg [ 239.64 KiB | Viewed 6616 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:09 pm 

The best laid plans are no match for 75% off on plant at lowes......there were 50+ trees in the garage when I got home Friday. No insulation for me this weekend....then comes the planting plan discussion ....and 45f eith mist to light rain all day.......yuck.

Attachments:
20181027_162404-resized-1024.jpg
20181027_162404-resized-1024.jpg [ 364.18 KiB | Viewed 6595 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:57 pm 

See if the trees get marked down more in the next 60 days. The big box stores have price guarantees and if it goes lower in that time period they give you a refund. I bought a bunch that were marked down 40% and in late Oct they got marked down 75% and they gave me the difference when I brought the receipt in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 54  Next