gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: mk e's Shop remodel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 am 

I mostly wired the bathroom last night...it got gfi like it's supposed to :) it's a little 6×7 room so I was thinking a single light/fan in the middle....Lana's no longer sure and thinking maybe it need something over the mirror. Also I realized last night she picked out a inset medicine cabinet to give her a little store in there since she went with a pedestal sink.....that means theres a 2x4 in the way and I stapled the mig welder line to that board....need to fix that. I probably really need to rough the plumbing into the walls too....I guess I'll be shifting gears a bit for the coming week or so....and maybe more stucco work. This is the neverending project.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am 

I thought you guys had my back on this build but I just realized that NONE of the proposed layouts/floor plans I've posted show a kegerator or beer fridge and 1 of said a word! This is probably the worst possible mistake and nothing but silence! WFT?!?!?

:D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am 

I wonder if I could put the kegerator upstairs out of the way then use a ceiling drop-down hose hose setup as the tap? hmmmmmm.....or get somehting on wheels so it doesn't need a permanent spot maybe......I've seen toolbox looking setups

Attachments:
Screenshot_20181012-113628_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181012-113628_Chrome.jpg [ 254.72 KiB | Viewed 6445 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm 

No one uses medicine cabinets anymore. Put the medicine cabinet on the side wall next to the sink and just get a nice big mirror to put up behind the sink. Probably find a nice mirror online or Homegoods cheap. I think the pedestal sink is a bad idea too since nowhere to put extra rolls of TP and cleaning supplies etc in a bathroom without a small pantry.

We haven't mentioned the kegerator because we want you to be able to finish some of these projects :D If you are not much of a drinker they are great but it makes it way too easy to pour a beer or just a sip or two and next thing you know you've missed two weeks of work. A bunch of my friends that really like to drink kept passing one around after each had it and said it was pure evil and had to get it out of their house. The new owner was so proud and happy for a few months until...

I think it never spent more than 6 months with any single owner. It's like having a really hot 18 year old Nanny that likes to wear skimpy clothes in your home that's into older men.

Besides, we thought the reason you built the pizza over and pool was so everyone else would bring over the beer?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 pm 

The "medicine cabinet" goes in the wall and will hold 3-4 rolls of TP, soap,and extra hand towels if she bought the right one.....not sure she did.

Yeah I probably don't actually need a kegerator.... minifridge for sure.

I grabbed some breakers.....the panels is filling fast

Attachments:
20181012_163848-resized-1024.jpg
20181012_163848-resized-1024.jpg [ 309.84 KiB | Viewed 6443 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:50 am 

kkrace wrote:
We haven't mentioned the kegerator because we want you to be able to finish some of these projects :D If you are not much of a drinker they are great but it makes it way too easy to pour a beer or just a sip or two and next thing you know you've missed two weeks of work. A bunch of my friends that really like to drink kept passing one around after each had it and said it was pure evil and had to get it out of their house. The new owner was so proud and happy for a few months until...

I think it never spent more than 6 months with any single owner. It's like having a really hot 18 year old Nanny that likes to wear skimpy clothes in your home that's into older men.

Besides, we thought the reason you built the pizza over and pool was so everyone else would bring over the beer?
Ha! Hilarious.

I thought about connecting a third tap to the shop sink for "beer".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:46 pm 

Support for the sink and cut out for the cabinet added. I had to raise the cabinet 3" after the lana inspection and add wiring for a light above it....lights not picked so I didn't install a junction box.

Its gotten pretty cold all of a sudden so tomorrow will likely be close the pool day...not sure I'll have time for much else.

Attachments:
20181013_181003-resized-1024.jpg
20181013_181003-resized-1024.jpg [ 255.68 KiB | Viewed 6437 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am 

mk e wrote:
Its gotten pretty cold all of a sudden so tomorrow will likely be close the pool day...not sure I'll have time for much else.

Didn't actuially get the pool covered but it is drained down...Lana had me on the front step which had settled a bit and had a woodchuck living under it.....I dug down a bit and poured in some concrete, I'll put the step back tonigh of whenever the rain stops.

I did get a little time in the shop. I realized I hadn't actually finished the 3-phase wires so I took care of that and also added a box for a light above the powderroom mirror Lana wanted and re-router the waterheater line around the new mirrow inset....so I think that room is finished wiring wise. I'm kind of leaning toward putting in the plumbing so I don't wiring anything else where it can't be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 am 

Woodchuck dug back in or out, out I assume so I through in a couple smoke bomb......thinking it a pretty big space so 3 or 4 might have been the right answer but we'll see.

I decided to just keep going on wiring. I installed and wired 2 outlet boxes on the ceiling, 2 on the south wall, not a lot of wall between the side door, powder room and lathe. Started the east wall but ran out of wire and boxes, it's getting 3, again not a lot of space with the stairs and powder room but I think the pulldown plugs on the ceiling will fill any gap in needs. I'll do 4 on the north wall which is along the main work bay. Not sure exactly what makes sense upstairs yet...I grabbed 10 boxes this morning which only leaves 6 for upstairs and that it probably not enough now that I think about it. At was at lowes because it can be on my way to work, but wire is expensive there so special trip to homedepot for that.

I need a plan for air lines too.... .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:47 pm 

For air I was thinking 1/2" copper in the walls but had not really thought about pitching it but got that suggestion and it sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking loop around the attic, then T and drop down the wall.

Another thought I'm having it that PVC air hose (not pipe) is REALLY cheap and I could just run that stuff for about 1/4 the time and money as hard piping...no way to pitch it really...unless I drop it thought conduit or similar (also dirt cheap) on the horizonalish runs. This is a very tempting option....hmmmmmmm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 54  Next