gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: mk e's Shop remodel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 am 

Heat work wonders on stuck parts. I'll almost have to put a bigger impact wrench on my wish list. As for torque, with a jacket and boots I have to be 200lbs, the ratchet with pipe was about 4ft....I was off the ground bounce on the handle to make it turn so 800ft-lbs was not enough, the bounce added maybe...another 200-300? It turned bur was not loosening.

In other news I mostly finished hanging the insulation on the north wall last night. I'm guessing rain will give me an excuse to cancel soccer practice and move on to the east wall tonight.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:05 am 

mk e wrote:
Heat work wonders on stuck parts. I'll almost have to put a bigger impact wrench on my wish list. As for torque, with a jacket and boots I have to be 200lbs, the ratchet with pipe was about 4ft....I was off the ground bounce on the handle to make it turn so 800ft-lbs was not enough, the bounce added maybe...another 200-300? It turned bur was not loosening.

But I claim that an impact wrench is like heat. When I remove a spinor from a wheel on my car with the impact wrench, it does not come off because of a huge torque. If it were to come off by means of a huge torque, it would start to turn immediately. It does not. It goes bang, bang ... for about a minute. Then it slowly turns for a
short time, and finally turns so rapidly you had better be careful, or you will have the spinor flying to your head.
Each impact sends a shock into the threads that have become bonded. Each impact loosens these bonds, but does not unscrew anything until enough impacts have been made to enable the assembly to able to be unscrewed. When my impact wrench goes bang-bang for a minute, I can see no motion at all until it starts to unscrew. It could be that each bang does turn things a tiny amount that I cannot discern. And so my heat analogy may well be wrong. Still, with the impact wrench you are not applying a huge, constant torque that can bend things the wrong way and break them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 am 

I don't disagree the impact helps. Ihit it with my 1/2" impact driver for 5 or 6 compressor tank cycles....full tank, run it down until the compresor kicks on then stop unitl its full pressure. Then heated a few times with increasingly bigger torch tig so the final try had the nut red when the impact driver went on.....nothing. It turnd out sometimes size matters :)

It turned with the big wench so for sure it was broken free.....and galled.

The car has a new problem now. Sometimes the when I turnto about 1/2 a turn before lock the engine starts straining.....there is something wrong with the steering rack or the new axle with was noticably tight and is a knock-off not a bmw part simple doesn't have enough angular travel in all orientaions....it could very well be the latter. I'll ignore it for now.

Last night I learned that the wide crow swingline staple gun I have that I probably got from my grandfather and just finished off the stables I must have bought in like....1985 or 90 based on theprice tag from a store that closed about then is obsolete. I could still order stables online but they aren't stocked anywhere. Somewhere I have a T50 staple gun so I bought a big box of stamples for it and not wanting to take a chance of not finding it I also bought a pnematic T50 stapler as my hand was starting to hurt from the manualswignline one, which I always prefered to my T50 stampler becasue its smoother and required less effort....then the rain stopped and I had to go to soccer and didn't get to play with it and Lana was annoyed Ibought more tools.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:43 pm 

A great day for me was when my old staple gun fell apart and I bought one of the newer ones that are sort of backwards where the staples come out opposite end of the pivot point. Sooooo much easier to use...but not as easy as air powered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 pm 

Oh, and I almost forgot it's just so entertaining when your friends try to use it and they are holding it backwards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 pm 

kkrace wrote:
Oh, and I almost forgot it's just so entertaining when your friends try to use it and they are holding it backwards.

Sent this to all my Republican freinds this morning for entertainment....surprised none responded :lol:

https://youtu.be/tX6ggRByE8g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 am 

Air staplers are pretty nice.....I'm not longer sad about needing to replace the old manual one or spending the money.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:08 am 

It turned out there were more plants.... .but I still finished the main floor insulation yesterday....it feels very dark, need to get the drywall up.

Attachments:
20181110_202517-resized-1024.jpg
20181110_202517-resized-1024.jpg [ 331.25 KiB | Viewed 6539 times ]
20181110_202530-resized-1024.jpg
20181110_202530-resized-1024.jpg [ 295.47 KiB | Viewed 6539 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 am 

All the stuff that accumulated in the shop is an issue... Sunday I worked until 2 or 3 making room to work. The ceiling is getting its drywall now though, another night or 2 and I'll be on to the walls

Attachments:
20181112_210330-resized-1024.jpg
20181112_210330-resized-1024.jpg [ 233.77 KiB | Viewed 6517 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 am 

Looking good! Should give that snow blower a test run... Ya know...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 54  Next