gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: mk e's Shop remodel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 pm 

Interesting you blocked up the trusses on the hips with the 2x4's laying flat. Is that part of the truss design to lay them flat like that? I cut angles on the 2x4s to fit between the trusses. Only because I figured I was supposed to? It was a lot of work

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 am 

kkrace wrote:
Interesting you blocked up the trusses on the hips with the 2x4's laying flat. Is that part of the truss design to lay them flat like that? I cut angles on the 2x4s to fit between the trusses. Only because I figured I was supposed to? It was a lot of work

Remember that I did not set the trusses, the Amish guy did but the drawing did show them flat like that. Your way is probably better and I'll have to do something if I want any sort of insulation in this space.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 am 

kkrace wrote:
When you do the wiring I'd consider putting the compressor up there and just about anything else that would free up floor space. Plus it will be a quieter place to work with the comp up there unless you are going to build a compressor shed?

Funny because I was just wondering Sunday as I finished adding the extra bracing and thinking how solid it is now if I should move the compressor up there or if it shake the heck out of the place. I'll need to think about that.

I don't do a whole lot with air tools so it doesn't run that much....at least not until I'm ready to try and repaint the car.

Maybe in the unconditional space on the stair end, opposite the secret room? Just a little piece of floor, a door and there it lives?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 am 

mk e wrote:
kkrace wrote:

Remember that I did not set the trusses, the Amish guy did but the drawing did show them flat like that. Your way is probably better and I'll have to do something if I want any sort of insulation in this space.

Did the Amish guy sheath the roof too or just set the trusses?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:52 am 

kkrace wrote:

Trusses, sheeting and the roofing....the original design was 6/12 and I planned to do it, but when it became 8/12 and 12/12 I decided it was best left to a professional.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:57 am 

I was feeling jealous if the kids room and thinking about Kevin's idea to build a compressor shed or move it upstairs.....so a bought another sheet if flooring and added what will be a compressor shed up stairs....unless I can't get the compressor thought the truss opening them it will just be storage I guess

Attachments:
20180314_195943-resized-1024.jpg
20180314_195943-resized-1024.jpg [ 287.03 KiB | Viewed 7592 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am 

mk e wrote:
kkrace wrote:

Trusses, sheeting and the roofing....the original design was 6/12 and I planned to do it, but when it became 8/12 and 12/12 I decided it was best left to a professional.

I helped a friend build a large shed and he decided to go with a 12/12 pitch because he said it was easier to do the math and put 45's on everything. I made him put on the shingles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:21 pm 

Dragging the compressor up the stairs I learned I am not as young as I once was.....so thankfully it's perfectly happy in the attic. I barely feel it on the floor and it's much quiter than it was in the basement on the block/concrete.

Stairs feel nice and strong.

This all reminds me that it was a graduation present from my father about 30 years ago.....hopefully it lives another 30 :)

Attachments:
20180316_181404-resized-1024.jpg
20180316_181404-resized-1024.jpg [ 310.38 KiB | Viewed 7546 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am 

Saturday I picked up and installed the windows and they match the house exactly so Lana's happy, so happy that I think, think, the doors for the garage front and side are picked as well as a front door for the house but she lost me at shutters and mail box. I sent a request for quote sunday for the exact model door she wants so hopefully I'll have the quote today and an oder by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sunday was mostly wasted....consumed discussing doors but I did get a little work...construction work done. I decided to put some support under the floor in the secrete and storage rooms and mostly got that finished.

On my drive in this morning I was pondering built in shelving on the sides....I think I should do that, like 18" deep, 2' tall maybe, or maybe 2, 1, 1? Something like that but it will mean a few more sheets of plywood...and more time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 am 

i got the door quote and it was about $1000 more than I expected....it seems the doors are steel so they took the opportunity of the new steel tariff to raise prices.....it like President Rump (get it, becasue he's an ass?)knows what my next step is and taxes the shit out of it. He cost me about $1500 on lumber last fall now this....I really frikin hate that man.

The good news is since I already had a quote, they will honor the old price for a few more days....

I finished up supporting the new floor sections lst night then spent a lot of time staring at at the unused space and pondering storage options and how I would build it.....and made no actual decision :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 54  Next