gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:48 am 

I absolutely LOVE seeing stuff like this.Thanks for the post, pics, and descriptions. Brian you said in the beginning, it's not art, I beg to differ.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm 

Did I mention that this is a brilliant post?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:06 pm 

a1exander wrote:

I think you may have yes :lol:

Mark, Im just looking at the US end of the tracking, do USPS know the general geography of the US at all? It appears to be stuck in a loop between depots.

Package has gone from GARDEN CITY, to SHREWSBURY and back to GARDEN CITY again? Its supposed to be going WEST....

:? :?:

Brian,

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:05 am 

In this case it looks like 1lb of aluminum was used to make a 2 oz. part. Just curious, what happens to the extra aluminum that gets removed from the raw castings? Can it simply be melted down again and used to make another part. or does it go to recycling since it has already been melted down and put in a mold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 pm 

kkrace wrote:
In this case it looks like 1lb of aluminum was used to make a 2 oz. part. Just curious, what happens to the extra aluminum that gets removed from the raw castings? Can it simply be melted down again and used to make another part. or does it go to recycling since it has already been melted down and put in a mold.

It can be remelted.

When a cylinder head is cast, the same volume ends up in the risers so they need to pour twice what is required.

Brian,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:20 pm 

Brian.G wrote:
a1exander wrote:

I think you may have yes :lol:

Mark, Im just looking at the US end of the tracking, do USPS know the general geography of the US at all? It appears to be stuck in a loop between depots.

Package has gone from GARDEN CITY, to SHREWSBURY and back to GARDEN CITY again? Its supposed to be going WEST....

:? :?:

Brian,

I just looked and they say it to Lancaster then "departed for destination"....lets hope the destination isn't Garden City :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm 

Quote:

I just looked and they say it to Lancaster then "departed for destination"....lets hope the destination isn't Garden City :)

Ya - just got an alert about that a while ago. If it goes back there again I might have to scream at the pc.

Brian,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:16 pm 

None of these places are very far from me....so if it would just sit at one of them for a day I could go pick it up :)

Funny how the parts can be designed and made faster than delivered :o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm 

mk e wrote:
None of these places are very far from me....so if it would just sit at one of them for a day I could go pick it up :)

Funny how the parts can be designed and made faster than delivered :o

I know, its cat...did parts for one of this years Le mans cars and it was a similar story :oops:

Brian,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:56 pm 

Brian.G wrote:
I know, its cat...did parts for one of this years Le mans cars and it was a similar story :oops:

Brian,

So then I can tell people that my covers are cast from the very same aluminum as parts that raced at Le Mans???? :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next