gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:29 am 

The motor-bicycle somehow morphed into a Lambretta scooter engine given to me by the more experienced friend who disappeared with the bike. I managed to put the scooter engine on a 2x4 frame inside the garage (wooden) so it was supported for all my kick starting efforts, but as usual...NO START! So I concluded that pulling the plug, resting it on the head, and pouring gasoline on it while kick starting would confirm spark. As the flamethrower I created flared to the sky, I ran next door to where I thought a fire extinguisher was available. I couldn't find it and when I got back to the garage my aunt had put the fire out with the garden hose. SPARK CONFIRMED, time to look elsewhere. And having become a carburetor expert from Lesson #1, I noted that the inlet on the carb, which I now determined to be "side draft", was clogged with some kind of white dirt. So using an electric drill with a decent size bit, I drilled it out. Still NO START! OK took the top off and looked inside and more white dirt in the bottom, time to drill again...this time I realized that the next blockage required the drill to turn in a right angle. I was smart enough to know drills don't do that..So I decided to use my model airplane Testors Fueling can to squirt fuel into the carb while kick starting. But by now, the kick starting lever was stuck either at the top or at the bottom and engine wasn't rotating. So let's unbolt this long tail thing and look inside. It unbolted easy, but all sorts of nicely machined stuff fell out: gears, shafts, washers, balls, levers...I immediately decided that stuff wasn't going back in....My new solution to the kick starter was to use an old washing machine motor with a fan belt looped around the magneto (I don't know where the genius in me figured out it was called that) to spin the motor. I would plug in the washing machine water and add tension to the belt to spin the motor using my right hand, and spray the model airplane fuel with the left...SUCCESS IT STARTED !!! and the exhaust fumes smelled heavenly...So every couple of days I would go out to the garage and proudly run my scooter engine....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:50 pm 

You might have been safer going to your local auto parts store and buying one of those paint style cans of carb cleaner and soaked the carb overnight. Probably not a good idea using a drill on the carb.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:41 pm 

kkrace wrote:
You might have been safer going to your local auto parts store and buying one of those paint style cans of carb cleaner and soaked the carb overnight. Probably not a good idea using a drill on the carb.

I think that's the lesson that was learned ;)

I LOL when I read it.....it reminds me of so my stupid thinks I did in my youth :)