gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: EL Console
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:01 am 

I got some hardware in the mail.
I'm trying the Plugin demos they have available for download and PythonQT demo doesn't want to install. Does EL offer any kind of support?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 am 

Congrtats!

AEM or EL hardware? I'd assume EL HW is ready to go, AEM will need to bew registered and I assume you'll need to load the EL FW...which will wipe out the AEM model so you'll want to use'll probably want to connect with the EL software and figureout how to make a copy, then I'm told it takes some work to get it sorted into something you can work with but its just time mostly.

Either way I suppose Jim is your support person.

Jim@enginelab.net

When I first got mine I was asking for an operating manual of some kind and got pointed to the web page, any other question Jim answered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:51 am 

Its an Infinity 506 so I'll need to request EL to get it unlocked. How does that work exactly? Does EL Console "call home" to check if a particular serial number is allowed?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:45 am 

DenisV wrote:
Its an Infinity 506 so I'll need to request EL to get it unlocked. How does that work exactly? Does EL Console "call home" to check if a particular serial number is allowed?

Sortof. All the FW is serial number specific. There should be a tag on it somewhere, I think there was also a card in the box that came with mine with the number on it. Also there is a program called AEM Tool that when it connects displays the number.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 am 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure AEM is using V96 SW/FW where the rest of us are now on V97. V97 can read V96 files but it can't create them I don't think....there is an autor convert that mostly worked when I upgraded. The biggest difference is that in V96 time is in 1/10 usec and in V97 its msec...easier for the machine vs easier for the human.