gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:44 pm 

I got access to EL Console today and I'm off and rolling trying to setup a "plant" which is a simulator basically. This will be the first test of me :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 pm 

It's taking me a bit to get the hang of this as the help is somewhat less than helpful......I think I'm close though.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:18 am 

I fired off a bunch of questions this morning...there's no functioning engine example to work from so I wantt to be certain I'm not doing thing the dumb-ass way :?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 pm 

I got the simulator running today!

On to the engine part

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:09 am 

Going thought it all you build up a system from basic blocks, one of which is "Engine_Description" so creating a 12 cylinder with 12 fuel and 12 spark is as simple as typing 12 in the number of cylinders, number of coils and number of injectors boxes.

Fuel and spark items can be created in 2 ways, ReqFuelX which sets the fuel pulse to all cylinders of ReqFuel1, ReqFuel2, .... which set individual cylinders. Pretty straight forward. I had some questions about how exactly fuel and spark were handled at the below the building block level that I got answered to so I'm nearly ready to roll.

What i need to understand now are "append scripts" and to the x.graphml files. The idea with scripts is rather than build the whole program in 1 big file that will quickly become a hot mess you can build all the pieces in separate little files and the script pulls them all together into a big file.....I need to figure that out.

then the x.graphml file is spit out when you save and is read by
http://www.yworks.com/en/products/yfiles/yed

which in theory creates a flow chart of the program so you can easily see what's connected to what.....very helpful once I figure out how to use it exactly.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:25 am 

I'll ask an even dumber question; where do you get access to this console? And I assume this is for programming the low level firmware that will tell the AEM's processor that it's going to be running a 12 cylinder, spark ignited reciprocating engine, and not a gas turbine, or some other piece of industrial machinery?

Then, how do you get the tuning options in there, like VE tables for fuel, ignition advance maps, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:35 am 

cribbj wrote:
I'll ask an even dumber question; where do you get access to this console? And I assume this is for programming the low level firmware that will tell the AEM's processor that it's going to be running a 12 cylinder, spark ignited reciprocating engine, and not a gas turbine, or some other piece of industrial machinery?

Then, how do you get the tuning options in there, like VE tables for fuel, ignition advance maps, etc.?

i just sent you an 11M zip....lets see if it arrives. The very low level stuff you don't need to worry about and don't see. What you see is the logic like:
Analog_In_1->smoothing->calibration>MAP_signal

MAP_Signal->VE_table->VE_Value

VE_Value x lambda ->Required_Fuel

Like that, but with some format requirements.

Adding tables is easy
Add channel - 2D lookup, call it VE, and select RPM and load for the axis

Then to display the new table in the tuner
Add control 2D Table
Add control 3D Graph

This gives you a VE table of any size you want that you can see/tune

You can add tables, graphs, text boxes, etc for anything you please. Very simple and pretty nice.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 am 

Got it and will play with it this evening or early tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am 

some "light" reading material to explain how it all works
http://enginelab.net/support_tree.php

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:21 pm 

I spent time doing-over stuff I'd started with to break it all into smqall bites and setup a script to build the big model and now I'm right back where I was but items can be easily added or removed to build a custom model for whatever application. Now onward !