gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Engine Lab documentation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:47 pm 

I agreed to do some work for EngineLab (so you can officially no longer completely trust my endorsements ;) ) and my first task is to try to fill in any missing information in the on-line documentation.

http://enginelab.net/support_tree.php

So if any of you have or can look it over and let me know what you'd like to see I would be grateful!...other wise you'll get what I think you'd like to see :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:36 am 

Mark, can you modify your site to allow *.doc or *.docx extensions?

I've edited the documentation on that page just a tad for a bit better readability, but can't attach it here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 am 

cribbj wrote:
Mark, can you modify your site to allow *.doc or *.docx extensions?

I've edited the documentation on that page just a tad for a bit better readability, but can't attach it here.

That's not an allowed extension, but you can attach anything you please as a zip file. 7-zip is free is you need a program to create a zip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:54 pm 

Doh......

Attachments:
EngineLab Doc.zip [12.69 KiB]
Downloaded 1107 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:48 am 

Thanks John.

On the intro I think they are specifically avoiding calling it an ECU as its aimed at industrial control systems as well as engines. It also has a full system simulation package which is how I've been making the graphs and logs I've been posting so it's much much more flexible and powerful than a typical ECU. I think all this needs to be made more clear in the intro.

I think I'm going to start with the more straightforward stuff like the "Configuration Base Items" then loop back and clean up the less straightforward stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:20 am 

Longtime lurker...

This has been pretty much my only resource for EL Console info, much appreciated you sharing models as well as having great information regarding a lot of the work you've done.

I started a model of my own a couple of years ago (very basic so far) and am finally able to get back to working on it...

I noticed that the awesome documentation that used to be up on the EL site is now missing! Does anyone have any of the original documentation they could share?

Thanks!

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:33 pm 

jasr82 wrote:
Longtime lurker...

This has been pretty much my only resource for EL Console info, much appreciated you sharing models as well as having great information regarding a lot of the work you've done.

I started a model of my own a couple of years ago (very basic so far) and am finally able to get back to working on it...

I noticed that the awesome documentation that used to be up on the EL site is now missing! Does anyone have any of the original documentation they could share?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,
Sorry I missed this when it popped in, you're approved now so your post will go right up. I just looked at the enginelab site and everything still seems to be there
https://enginelab.net/documentation/#Introduction

What's missing or what are you looking for?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:18 pm 

mk e wrote:
jasr82 wrote:
Longtime lurker...

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,
Sorry I missed this when it popped in, you're approved now so your post will go right up. I just looked at the enginelab site and everything still seems to be there
https://enginelab.net/documentation/#Introduction

What's missing or what are you looking for?

Earlier in the week there must have been an issue with their site (which happened to coincide with me looking for the documentation) where the link for documentation didn't have any categories... I even used the links to specific categories from my internet history from a earlier in the year and nothing pulled up. I had been in contact with Jim a bit back, and sent him an email asking about it.. I didn't get a response but I noticed the site was fixed a couple days after, so that was a relief.

The documentation on their site is phenomenal; it'd be really great if somehow we could get a copy of it in a PDF. The EL site and your forum are the only resources I know of for programming info with the ECU and it'd be a shame to lose either. I had been on the AEM forums since '04 and seen the forums get wiped twice over the years with no notice, both of which had a lot of great info on their S1/S2 boxes.

Either way I look forward to being a part of the site, thanks for the approval :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:01 am 

jasr82 wrote:

Either way I look forward to being a part of the site, thanks for the approval :)

Again, I apologize for not seeing it sooner. When I see a new name at the bottom I check more often.

You have a model working then? A few people have popped in here with a question over the years but I've never heard from anyone who's actually running anything