gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:04 pm 

mk e wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:
$1000 each??

I think you can get more “fun stuff” with $4k

Yeh....nice light wheels do help ride quality on the street and grip on the track, but its very much a diminishing return game. I mostly just want to get something that looks more 308 like.....but I also need to finish the garage so I can fix the engine and money is flying out pretty fast at the moment.

It's also gotten to where I can't see very well. Glass as on at 3+ feet is fine, glasses off at 6-10" from my face is fine, but notmal working distance not so much fine. I ordered my first bifocals last week, hopefully they will get my vision a little more functional.

Well, spring and then summer is coming. So you know what that mean? Car on hold til end of fall.

You’re lucky getting your bifocals now. I got my first last year. I think we’re the same age.

Hang in there Marky!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:13 am 

Pizzaman wrote:
Well, spring and then summer is coming. So you know what that mean? Car on hold til end of fall.

You’re lucky getting your bifocals now. I got my first last year. I think we’re the same age.

Hang in there Marky!!

This is a tough spring with all the outside out the garage mess has brought. I ordered the front doors yesterday, today I should be ordering drywall, insulation, lights, breakerbox, mesh forvthe stucco....long list.....just getting the car into the new garage will be a big step forward.

I'm early 50s and well over do to do something about seeing up close. I've had glasses since...7th grade? so I'm used to having my eyes covered but mow I need to take them off and get my face close....but I'm not used to putting on safety glasses so I forgot and I keep getting shit in my eyes and itbpisses me off :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 am 

mk e wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:

Hang in there Marky!!

This is a tough spring with all the outside out the garage mess has brought. I ordered the front doors yesterday, today I should be ordering drywall, insulation, lights, breakerbox, mesh forvthe stucco....long list.....just getting the car into the new garage will be a big step forward.

I'm early 50s and well over do to do something about seeing up close. I've had glasses since...7th grade? so I'm used to having my eyes covered but mow I need to take them off and get my face close....but I'm not used to putting on safety glasses so I forgot and I keep getting shit in my eyes and itbpisses me off :)

I keep a really strong pair of reading glasses in the garage for welding. Allows me to get in really close to see what's going on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 am 

kkrace wrote:

I keep a really strong pair of reading glasses in the garage for welding. Allows me to get in really close to see what's going on.

I may try that. I'm near sighted anyway so at about 8" from my face I still see perfect, and slightly magnified. Notmal glasses work at 3+ feet...its the inbetween thats a problem...my fancy new bifocals help with some stuff, but right now typing on my phone they are off as I see the little screen WAY better without them. I'm still getting used to them, they do help when i can't get my face rightbup close when i remember to tilt my head just right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:44 pm 

Took a break from the garage/patio projects and pissed away a couple hundred bucks on a pair of sad 308 seats. Years ago mine were sad and not all that supportive so I put in a slightly nicer pair of 348 seats.....but now they confront with the vision I very for the finished car. I'm thinking when i have some time I'm going to try to add a bit of foam to bolster the bolsters so they mostly look 308......when I have time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:28 am 

Heck, next I'll read that you've decided to put a v8 back in her ... lol

Bit late to target concours competitions ;-)
Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:02 am 

PSk wrote:
Heck, next I'll read that you've decided to put a v8 back in her ... lol

Bit late to target concours competitions ;-)
Pete

Lol...Lana has suggested that more than a few times :)

no, but I now have a vision of what I want the finished, as in done messing with it, car to look like. The seats and wheels currently do not conform to that vision.

And I really do want to get it done and move on to a new project.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:14 am 

I am really getting antsy to tear the engine apart... the car's in the house garage do I have to walk past it a couple times a day....and look at while I'm putting on my boots to go work on the patio.....its making me insane. Hopefully the patio will be finished this weekend. Then the garage still needs wiring, insulation, drywall, floor painted, equipment moved in.....its making me insane......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am 

mk e wrote:

I've got a few you might be interested in :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:08 pm 

cribbj wrote:
mk e wrote:

I've got a few you might be interested in :)

I sent an email out inquiring about a fairly large project this morning.....we'll see where that goes.....I still want to just build a car that makes sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next