gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:40 am 

Not going to LS Swap it?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:18 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Not going to LS Swap it?

She really likes the look of the old school small block. So no.
She wants a 2 inch body lift too. Just a little. Black wheels, the ones with holes all the way around, no squares or odd shapes, no pin stripe. She would do a beadloc because she loves the it looks, but the race wheels don't fit ant cool center caps. We raced mini sprints and she really liked the beadloc.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:56 pm 

Lana would hit me in the head if I brought home a truck like that even if I said it was for me to use picking up stuff to do the home projects on her list......can't even imagine what would become of me if I said it was a present for her. :lol:

If you all recall my car died a little over a year ago, but with covid limiting everything we didn't replace it but are now talking about it....and it seems I will be replacing it with Lana's car and will be buying her whatever she picks out..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3uXzAjmeI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm 

mk e wrote:
Lana would hit me in the head if I brought home a truck like that even if I said it was for me to use picking up stuff to do the home projects on her list......can't even imagine what would become of me if I said it was a present for her. :lol:

If you all recall my car died a little over a year ago, but with covid limiting everything we didn't replace it but are now talking about it....and it seems I will be replacing it with Lana's car and will be buying her whatever she picks out..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3uXzAjmeI

Lol... I picked up a 2005 E320 CDI for $3200, but it was what people call "a cheap Mercedes"... as in "Nothing more expensive than..."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:47 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

Lol... I picked up a 2005 E320 CDI for $3200, but it was what people call "a cheap Mercedes"... as in "Nothing more expensive than..."

yeah, I'm kind of over buying "cheap" daily drivers......they rarely end up cheap and I end up late or missing work far too often.

Lana got me a wonderful 2014 GLK350 with 108k miles, a rebuilt title, and desperately in need of tires and general maintenance for my birthday. I actually kind of like it, its the last of the naturally aspirated with a 300hp 3.5L V6 and drives pretty well for an suv like thing although it feels a bit truck like. It appears I will be presenting her a 2021 GLA most likely but GLB/GLC are still on the list, have to go see them in person but fingers crossed its the (slightly) cheaper GLA or something rebuilt that she likes pops up at a good price soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:33 am 

I didn't buy it as a present for my wife. My wife started searching and has been sending pictures to me. My son found this on online and she loved it. It has her name on the title. She did ask me if it would tow a dune buggy. It has a class three hitch already mounted, soooo, yes it will tow a dune buggy.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:59 am 

MerlinTech wrote:
I didn't buy it as a present for my wife. My wife started searching and has been sending pictures to me. My son found this on online and she loved it. It has her name on the title. She did ask me if it would tow a dune buggy. It has a class three hitch already mounted, soooo, yes it will tow a dune buggy.

I wasn't picking on you and hope it didn't sound that way. I understood she wants that truck so mostly I was just pointing out that one of us has a wife that shares similar interests and one a wife that's certain she can train him to know better.....which has wondering why I'm still married.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:15 am 

I wasn't picking on you and hope it didn't sound that way. I understood she wants that truck so mostly I was just pointing out that one of us has a wife that shares similar interests and one a wife that's certain she can train him to know better.....which has wondering why I'm still married.[/quote]

It's all good. Didn't feel like you were picking on me. I am still pinching myself. She had zero interest in this stuff when we met. I have created a monster.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:40 pm 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

yeah, I'm kind of over buying "cheap" daily drivers......they rarely end up cheap and I end up late or missing work far too often.

Lana got me a wonderful 2014 GLK350 with 108k miles, a rebuilt title, and desperately in need of tires and general maintenance for my birthday. I actually kind of like it, its the last of the naturally aspirated with a 300hp 3.5L V6 and drives pretty well for an suv like thing although it feels a bit truck like. It appears I will be presenting her a 2021 GLA most likely but GLB/GLC are still on the list, have to go see them in person but fingers crossed its the (slightly) cheaper GLA or something rebuilt that she likes pops up at a good price soon.

I'm too hard on the Benz, as it's been pretty amazing for a car that's probably been neglected for the last 150,000 miles. I had to fix the VNT actuator... which amounted to freeing the turbine end of the link rod and anti-seizing it. I had to replace the HVAC blower motor... which amazed me as being a ~15 minute job. I had to replace the left front headlight, support bracket and front impact beam because someone in the cars history bent the impact beam and broke the headlight mounting tabs and "fixed" it by stuffing pieces of hose between the headlight module and the body.

Other than that... I've changed the oil and it's been awesome.

I just picked up a 2007 Grand Cherokee diesel with 211k. It's in much worse shape and has soaked up a good bit more repair time. It has the Benz 3.0 diesel V6 and the same transmission as my E320. The same drivetrain would be in a ML320 CDI from the same year, which seems to be available for reasonable money.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:41 pm 

MerlinTech wrote:
I have created a monster.

Perhaps, but she's becoming a monster who indulges in the things you love, sooooo..... ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 220  Next