gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:00 pm 

The thought over pulling a head that isn't leaking makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

The current sealed set was supposed to be it...but there is a leak at the base of cylinder 9 (or maybe 10) so I need to pull that head to fix the cylinder leak. I will not be pulling the other head so the new set of head gaskets gives me 2 changes to get it fixed and yes I'll be installing it exactly like I did last time with the shims and sealant and slow waiting for the sealant to set up then torqueing over several days, then I guess heat it up and retorque

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 am 

I missed the leaking cylinder part. That sucks.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:03 am 

MerlinTech wrote:
I missed the leaking cylinder part. That sucks.

Yes, totally sucks. It seems to leak at at 30 and leaks down to about 15 and basically stops leaking so the last leak test at 15psi for a week found nothing....but it's there.

I need to separate the eng/trans to get a better look at the leak and then try to fix it then I guess do the leak test before remating them. Another month......

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:40 pm 

I'm going to share 2 things I saw today that I found funny is a sad way....much like the results of my last leak test.

First a comedian pointed out that while about 44% of marriages end in divorce that is the happy ending version as the rest end in death.

Second was this article about yet another mass shooting (they apparently republish this exact article with just the name of the town changes over and over.... and over):

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1848971668

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:57 pm 

http://nonadventures.com/2015/06/20/the ... all-fears/

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:58 pm 

mk e wrote:
I'm going to share 2 things I saw today that I found funny is a sad way....much like the results of my last leak test.

First a comedian pointed out that while about 44% of marriages end in divorce that is the happy ending version as the rest end in death.

Second was this article about yet another mass shooting (they apparently republish this exact article with just the name of the town changes over and over.... and over):

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1848971668

LOL! Does this need to be moved to politics? 99,999,999 gun owners did nothing wrong (except in Chicago)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:52 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

LOL! Does this need to be moved to politics?

There is nothing very political about data, its the discussion of the solution when that begins I suppose

My point was you get bad results when you do stupid shit like weld engine blocks (or get married, or hope people act responsibly, etc.)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:28 pm 

mk e wrote:

The Beaverton has them beat - they don't have to change the names:

Mass shooting in _________, USA kills ___

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:36 pm 

Nice Beaverton! ;)

They should update with multiple choice... although pretty much all locations are encompassed by "some gun-free zone"

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Nice Beaverton! ;)

They should update with multiple choice... although pretty much all locations are encompassed by "some gun-free zone"

You're barking up the wrong tree I fear and because school shootings always seem to put me into a bad mood here's a couple fun maps for gun deaths and ownership per capita by state...oddly similar.

Switzerland makes it work but we don't seem to but then they have rules that need to be followed if you want to buy or keep one....and children don't get shot.
https://www.businessinsider.com/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2

I've had gun training and I keep mine locked. Eberhardt is Swiss so maybe its just in my blood but I'd guess the other gun owners on this site also treat them with similar respect just like not driving at high speed though a residential area. Sadly personal responsibility is about as common as common sense.

Attachments:
gun ownership.JPG
gun ownership.JPG [ 134.96 KiB | Viewed 2087 times ]
gun deaths.JPG
gun deaths.JPG [ 148.59 KiB | Viewed 2087 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 220  Next