gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 am 

I emailed enginelab a couple times this past week and got no response so far......I'm a little nervous they were part of the Holley/AEM deal or worse. It doesn't really matter I guess as I have my ecu and its working but it does a have a couple drives I damaged with careless wiring so I was thinking a new one for the ferrari and move this to the Lincoln project and Jim had said FW for 12 spark outputs was possible so I would very much like that.

But today I have a dehumidifier to install in the basement system, my 2nd floor geo unit started tripping the breaker yesterday and I need to pick up scaffolding to start painting ceilings and hanging molding.....its going to be a long sentence.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:10 pm 

Today I successfully mounted computer speakers on the wall at my workstation, and tucked the amp under my desk - all using custom-designed mounting hardware that I 3D printed.

Made me feel like a big man. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:41 am 

Syscrush wrote:
all using custom-designed mounting hardware that I 3D printed.

Made with the printed you'd ordered? How's it working?

I made zero progress on anything over the weekend so you were way more productive than I was :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:37 am 

mk e wrote:
Made with the printed you'd ordered? How's it working?

Yup. Bambu Labs X1 Carbon with the multi-spool system.

This is my first 3D printer so I have nothing to compare it to, but I bought this one at a bit of a price premium vs. many others because it's supposed to eliminate a lot of the guesswork and careful tuning that some consumer machines require.

I bought it to have something that would just let me export my models and press "print" and be done, and so far that's how it's largely been working for me. I'm quite happy with it.

What I like about 3D printing as part of my little projects is that it cuts a lot out of the normal process. Using traditional hobbyist screwing around, my process would be something like:

1. Decide what I wanna make.
  2. Come up with the dimensions and design.
  3. Figure out what materials I have vs. what I need to go get.
  4. Decide how to construct this design.
  5. Actually construct it.

The 3D printer lets me chop off #3,4,5 from that list - as long as I put the necessary care into #2.

The other reason I bought this machine is because as delivered it can print carbon-reinforced PA6 and PC filaments - which are viable replacements for aluminum in some applications, which is relevant to my motorcycle-related projects.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:55 am 

2 emails, a call, a txt and still nothing from enginelab so either Jim's in Hawaii for a couple weeks or it was part of the AEM deal and gone.

Trying to get the honey-dos done but as usual nothing is easy. The compressor in one of my heatpumps died so trying to figure out what to do with that and what budget the unbudgeted expess comes from.

Also need to paint a 2 story ceiling and change a light in 1 room and fan in the other so scolfing. I had 1 set, need another, homedepot no longer carries the brand and ove a Lowes they have it but blue/gray instead of yellow which is annoying....no railing though. So back to HD but it's orange and a different band that doesn't quite fit so printed adapters. Nothing is easy....

Attachments:
20230402_094219.jpg
20230402_094219.jpg [ 431.06 KiB | Viewed 1866 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:23 pm 

Just wanted to say hi Mark. Been a while.

Art

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:57 am 

2000yellow360 wrote:
Just wanted to say hi Mark. Been a while.

Art

Art, while being sad about my ECU company vanishing I was just wondering about others who'd vanished like you and John (Cribbi) but now I only need to wonder about John and his V12. When I started this project I was thinking 6 months.... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:03 pm 

mk e wrote:
Art, while being sad about my ECU company vanishing I was just wondering about others who'd vanished like you and John (Cribbi) but now I only need to wonder about John and his V12. When I started this project I was thinking 6 months.... :oops:

Hey Mark, I'm still around but am V12'less due to a divorce. I'll email you & bring you up to date. So AEM & Enginelab are no longer? Wow....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:47 am 

cribbj wrote:

Hey Mark, I'm still around but am V12'less due to a divorce. I'll email you & bring you up to date. So AEM & Enginelab are no longer? Wow....

Oh no! The car is about the only thing I'd even try to keep I think....I had it since before I was married so it is my longest relationship.

And yeah, oh no again on aem/enginelab, that makes me sad.

Right now as I've said content for this thread is scant with the house eating all my time and more than all my money as we try to wrap up a few things. I am hopeful I can get some cheap little things sorted though...the mirrors are still off, Air box and filters still sitting, the mufflers look crooked to me so I really want to look at that. Stuff that doesn't cost much money and I and walk away from when Honey calls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:16 am 

I painted the 1st of the 2 story ceilings yesterday resulting in smiles but I can't move the scolding to the other room until the wall color is picked so I can do the cut-in work meaning I'm stopped on painting. I have a dehumidifier to install which should be about 4 hours.

I feel the shop calling to me ...... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195 ... 220  Next