gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: can 308qv motore?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 pm 

Can 308qv socket on crank,,,,crank be rotated 20 times with bent valves ?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: can 308qv motore?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:23 am 

If the valves are out of time they hit and it will take a good deal of force to turn the engine and bent the for the next 2 revolutions until they are all bent.

Once the valves are bent, it will rotate pretty freely because nothing it really hitting anymore and there is no more annoying compression trying to stop it from turning :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:53 pm 

Mark,Thank You again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:41 am 

Happy to help Reg. Care to share what this was all about?...fighting on F-chat are you? ;)

Post subject: Philosophy of Ferrari
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:46 pm 

Mark
,Mondialqv,47361,,
Owner Ellis got the FULL Rifledriver Treatment.
$12k for 1 bank bent valve/cam drive bearing R&R,,,,,went out and made it less than 200 miles before /overheat/water pump failure,,,,$3000 for WP R&R,,,,
,then $2k for AC repair and Car left missing a Rad fan....still gets hot in traffic? ,,of course
.The work orders are bogus... funny naratives ,,odo doesn't match workorder,,ie,Car not tested.
.We got it under control by 300 miles after "service" and I insisted heads be retorqued,,,,,,
,byeron told Ellis that was a great suggestion and "bring er in, for $500".!!!!!!!
If Pizza got "jobbed by bye ron,,, his bill would been in the $1.2M range!!
regisGTB/4 got banned long before mk e because Ive been ripped off lots of those sponsers over 40yrs of Ferrari Ownership.mk e RD is a lazy rip off artist,65,paying HUGE rent in Lakeway,Austin Tx,
Owner is Father of 2,sent to MooreSpeed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:50 am 

so rd got 17k$ from Ellis and wants $500 to retorque his R&R head job,,cool w?that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 am 

A head gasket MUST be retorqued so it is ALWAYS included in the charge and all my wrench pro buddies agree.just sayin,not fightin
mk e,,agree or not
Thanks mk e,great forum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:28 pm 

I think they SHOULD be retorqued and the lash needs to be checked (if the heads have been worked on) so I'd think you'd retorque during the lash check.

How a shop bills for this is up to them. Certaianly they can include it in the original estimate and that is probably the most honest way. The next best it tell them about it and give the cost estimate before starting the head work. The worst option in take the job and as the car is leaving "oh and you'll need to bring it in at 500 miles for a head re-torquore, thats another $500 Ididn't tell you about".

Its sounds like your buddy just needs a mechanic he trusts..once trust is lost everything becomes a question and that's probably not good for anyone. But that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:02 am 

mk e,
Thank You for your reply,I have great respect for your insight and skills.

Owner is a Pastor,He knows The Manual,
The Bible by heart
You should be a Diplomat
me
I lean toward drawer 3
select ?
RMK 12-13 or 1-8 LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:02 am 

Getting dirty digging in old threads here...

Head re-torquing is an interesting thing. I personally feels that it's only done when the assembly wasn't done as intended. I'm not saying wrong per-say but it comes down to the block and cylinder design as well as the materials in question. In this case with the 308's and forward the block and heads are the same material, the cylinders are 'floating' and use an 'O' ring. Now my stance is that if the heads have been pulled then the liners should come out as well and the 'O' rings get replaced, yes it's a bunch more work and a PITA but the engine was designed to have the liners sit proud and get 'set' into place, the head gasket and 'O' ring provide the correct amount of 'crush' so that re-torquing should not be needed. If the liners have not been pulled then re-torquing is more then likely going to need to occur.

The other fly in the ointment right now is head gaskets... whats available is crap, after loosing an engine to cometic gaskets and the change in elring construction I went and sourced a mfg that makes us 3D profiled head gaskets that crush as originally intended by Ferrari and also have a silicone coating. ZERO issues now.

These are just the thoughts of a simple engineer...