gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 pm 

The supercharger build is over due to a seller that wasn't honest about how much machine work was left. The seller was not Mark.

I'm buying a plenum and intake from a junk dealer to modify for fuel injection, all original parts will be saved.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 pm 

I'm sorry to hear that. I think most people, including me, WAY underestimate what's involved in pretty much any project and the project you purchased was not a simple one. What you have is worth in the $3k-$5k, but a completed system I ran sold for $8500 7 years ago if that gives you a better idea of what's still missing.

What's the plan with the EFI conversion? That is not a simple project either, at least not for me. Is there a bolt-on kit out there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:23 am 

mk e wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that. I think most people, including me, WAY underestimate what's involved in pretty much any project and the project you purchased was not a simple one. What you have is worth in the $3k-$5k, but a completed system I ran sold for $8500 7 years ago if that gives you a better idea of what's still missing.

What's the plan with the EFI conversion? That is not a simple project either, at least not for me. Is there a bolt-on kit out there?

Wade has done a lot of Electromotive, EFI and ignition conversations. One of the things he does that I really like is he takes a hunk of billet AL and replaces the distributor and cam end cap with this, then mounts the solid state coils to it, very clean.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 am 

Todd308TR wrote:
Wade has done a lot of Electromotive, EFI and ignition conversations. One of the things he does that I really like is he takes a hunk of billet AL and replaces the distributor and cam end cap with this, then mounts the solid state coils to it, very clean.

Is it Nick's kit he's installing then or is it something of his own?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 am 

mk e wrote:

I assume so, never asked, don't know what Nick provides besides stroked engines.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 pm 

Engine lookin' good.

Attachments:
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG [ 166.92 KiB | Viewed 15327 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:29 am 

Todd308TR wrote:
Engine lookin' good.

I agree. :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:27 pm 

Todd308TR wrote:
mk e wrote:

I assume so, never asked, don't know what Nick provides besides stroked engines.

A few things, or at least what I have time to dream up and have MFG. sooo not as much as I'd like too see actually :oops:

I build a couple EFI setups a yr, not always sure who's getting them though. The 4V efi is easy, the 2V efi is a PITA.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 pm 

Madhatter wrote:

A few things, or at least what I have time to dream up and have MFG. sooo not as much as I'd like too see actually :oops:

I build a couple EFI setups a yr, not always sure who's getting them though. The 4V efi is easy, the 2V efi is a PITA.

Is this Nick? I've studied your web site since and your supercharger kit would work great with the EFI setup I'm getting. One of the things I really like that Wade does is he puts a one inch spacer to raise the plenum this prevents having to alter the fuel rail in some fashion to go under the plenum intake tube.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:34 pm 

Todd308TR wrote:

Is this Nick? I've studied your web site since and your supercharger kit would work great with the EFI setup I'm getting. One of the things I really like that Wade does is he puts a one inch spacer to raise the plenum this prevents having to alter the fuel rail in some fashion to go under the plenum intake tube.

No, Scott. Engineering Dept. For Nick :geek:

Raising the plenum is risky as the clearance is tight as is. But if it works, it works.
I wanted the EFI setup to look as stock as possible, hence the design of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next