gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Advice on feul rail
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm 

mk e wrote:
Got it friday....ill get to it this week

Please set it up with the fittings exactly the way you intended.

Bill me for the fittings and I like Red and not black.

Please make the hose @ the clutch end with your correct fittings

I want cam sensor/cap set if you could find the time

Owners,,, order this conversion,

comes with Factory Tidy intake runner conversion,injectors, fittings,hoses,

Thank You

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 pm 

I'll look at your pic reg so I know what you were planning. I dug the welder out today to fix chairs for Lana so first break in Honey-Dos and I'm ready to go on your stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am 

Reg,
I'm leaning toward shortening the rails and welding on male an-6 bungs and that should let you do exactly what I see in your pics.

My only question is your rail mounted refulator, how is it mounted? Will the same male AN-6 work for it or you you need something different?

On a cam posiiton setup, I don't have a QV engine sitting here and I'm not real good about creating drawings for 1-off stuff I build which means I don't have the info I need to build it. I do have part of a QV head to measure the distributor mounts on but I'll need to you measure the end of the cam dia, length and how far it sticks out from the head....and take a few pics so I know what's around it in the way. Can you do that?

Which ECU are you using? What crank wheel are you using (pattern)? I need to see if there is a required cam siganl timing which will mean more stuff for you to check/measure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 am 

mk e wrote:
Reg,
My only question is your rail mounted refulator, how is it mounted? Will the same male AN-6 work for it or you you need something different?

I just noticed you sent the regulator, I should have looked. still need answers to the other questions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 pm 

If I am last post,,ok,, I need fuel rails sometime now that Im back on my euro,,My God Daughter,Sophia,,whom I taught driving on the ranch at 4 is excellent driver like chauffer now,Soffer knows G Force and when you press and when you lay off,,She's 16 next month and all I hear is "drive Ferrari","drive Ferrari",,,,Thats my kind of God Daughter,,no pics cause I don't know where to click,,,FORZA mk e

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 am 

I was just looking at them yesterday and thinking....i wonder why Reg isn't rattling my chain about these yet.....I'll get the weld on fittings ordered.

To up load pics you just scroll to the bottem and click "choose file" then selcet attach.

Attachments:
pic upload.JPG
pic upload.JPG [ 78.19 KiB | Viewed 17325 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:07 am 

I ordered weld-on male an-6 fittings. When they arrive I'll cut off the buggered female threads and install these so you can start planning you'll need accordingly. I'll make it as short as I can to help with clearance to the one can cover...but you still may find you to use a 45 or 90 coupler instead of a normal 45 or 90 hose end which flow better but take more space.

I should be able to knock it out this weekend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 am 

Your fittings arrived yesterday Reg....so I have no real excuse not to get the rails done now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am 

Its your lucky day....I blew a tire and have no spare because the car came with run flats so I'm stuck home working on your fuel rails. It looks like the threads are fine and so I'll fix the o-ring seats and you'll be back in business. I thin the weld-on fitting I got would be too long so its good we don't need to use them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:39 am 

Ok, all fixed. One the thread looks like it was cross threaded as some point but I chased it with a tap and the fitting screws in and tightens fine, just be careful.

All the fittings you had on the rail and regulator are the wrong type. I had 1 of the right type sitting here was I screwed it into the rail so you can see how its supposed to look. All the ports are female an-6 0-ring so you need male an-6 o-ring. You'll see.

if I recall you can use a standard adapter like the one I screwed in on all except the the left rear which is too close to an ear on the cam cover, for that one you need something like this, earls 949006 or similar

Attachments:
fitting.JPG
fitting.JPG [ 21.78 KiB | Viewed 17217 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next