gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
MerlinTech wrote:
The game is Dirt Rally 2.0. Super fun.

I don't know exactly what he plays, but a friend of mine in TX has about the best caliber simulator possible to build in a house... gimballed seat, force feedback wheel, VR headset. I can't play it for more than 15 minutes or so or I get motion sick, but it's a pretty awesome way to practice!

Don't use the motion stuff, makes me sick. Just a chair, wheel & pedals.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am 

MerlinTech wrote:
Don't use the motion stuff, makes me sick. Just a chair, wheel & pedals.

Plus the minimum is about all I could justify the spending for....I don't really do gaming but will occasionally play a driving game or galaga if I see it. The plan is the theater area is will have a Galaga and PacMan free standing video games, the driving chair and maybe a candy vending machine.....it sound be kind of cool.

....I just need to get the GD bathroom done so I can move on the the floor.

Attachments:
Galagae.JPG
Galagae.JPG [ 205.04 KiB | Viewed 6530 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:39 am 

Get a MAME emulator cabinet, same price, you can play pretty much all the classics on it. Great fun if you remember them from your childhood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:54 am 

drhex wrote:
Get a MAME emulator cabinet, same price, you can play pretty much all the classics on it. Great fun if you remember them from your childhood.

As is build something? Like another project?

This one does have:
GALAGA™
PAC-MAN™
PAC-LAND ™
PAC-MAN™PLUS
SUPER PAC-MAN™
PAC & PAL™
PAC-MANIA™
GALAXIAN™
DIG DUG™
DIG DUG™ II
MAPPY™
ROMPERS™

But I was planning to buy 2, the Glaga and PacMan versions mostly for the graphics

In other news I think I finished the bathroom, mostly. Still waiting on a glass shower wall and guidance on was to install the TP holder but I'm now on to other things.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 am 

Something like this:
https://store.bespoke-arcades.co.uk/pro ... kaEALw_wcB
Just google „mame cabinet“, pretty much every arcade game you can shake a stick at is emulated.
Congrats on finishing the bathroom, does that mean car time?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:05 am 

I'll look around before I buy anythink... again these will mostly be decorations so how it looks is more important than how it works :)

The bathroom done means I'm closer to car time, but not there yet sadly. Next up is add wiring for the heated floor, then patch the drywall and paint everything, then the floor,then the bar I guess. I'm just prying some of this goes easier than that frikin bathroom did so I can see the car before Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:44 am 

With the bathroom done it's on to wiring for the floor heat before the floor can go in....which means cutting open the new drywall.to get 3 new 20A 240V lines in and distributed to where all the mats can be connected with a Tstat and 2 power relays so there will be lots to patch

Attachment:
20210919_191351-resized-1024.jpg
20210919_191351-resized-1024.jpg [ 149.81 KiB | Viewed 6399 times ]

I messed with the layout for hours trying to get good coverage and low waste, no more than 300sqft per circuit, final answer.
Attachment:
20210919_100403-resized-1024.jpg
20210919_100403-resized-1024.jpg [ 194.47 KiB | Viewed 6399 times ]

1 wire left then finish the patching, get it primer, and I'm told finish paint the ceiling so nothing spatters on the new floor. 4 more weeks if I really push?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:03 am 

While Will makes actual progress on his engine I remain stuck in the basement but I am doing everything I can to push it along. I slathered on the mud to save a coat or 2 but slathered means it would want 2 or 3 days to dry, I'm not having that!  Today there is a fan, 2 space heaters and a hotair gun getting it dry.....one way of the other I'm painting the ceiling this weekend so I'm ready for the floor to go in.  I think I'm supposed to finish off the stairs too before I start the floor so while mud dries the runer/riser knots have been shellacked and filled, everything calked and they will get painted today or tomorrow so I can move to the railings and then the floor.  I want to get back to the engine......

Attachments:
20210922_175833-resized-1024.jpg
20210922_175833-resized-1024.jpg [ 132.2 KiB | Viewed 6340 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:07 am 

Try the joint setting compound(not the ez sand) that comes in the brown bags for your first coat while taping. Dries overnight no matter how thick you put it on and doesn't shrink or crack. As long as you have one of those things that go on the end of drill for mixing its easy to work with. Even when I am doing small repairs I just mix some up in a red solo cup.

It's not easy to sand so I only use it for the first coat and then go over it with the regular spackle in the green top tubs. It's dirt cheap so no reason not to try it as long as you have an empty bucket to mix it in.

It will save you some time since it doesn't shrink and sets up fast. It comes in different times to setup. I usually buy the 90 although I find it takes much longer than that to set up but you can get the 120 if you want more time to work with it. Makes much stronger joints as well.

Your second and third coats with the regular green top spackle will dry faster since they will be thinner coats because the first coat didn't shrink and crack. You won't have any extra work sanding since you shouldn't be getting down to the first coat anyway. It should save you sanding since your second and third coats will be thinner and go on smoother.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:47 am 

kkrace wrote:
Try the joint setting compound(not the ez sand) that comes in the brown bags for your first coat while taping.

You've told me that before and I did use it in the past....I think I was buying the ez-sand though, don't recall but I liked it and its nice that it keeps on the shelf forever. I stopped using it after I had my septic back up at my last house...... I did a lot of work and washed up the tools in the sink, then the stuff apparently hardened in a valve/turn in the tank and backed everything up. After that I went back to the dissolves in water type, but treating it like cement and cleaning up outside is for sure an option too.....I keep thinking I'm done with drywall so I'll just buy 1 more bucket and......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 221  Next