gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:22 pm 

Is that the first thing you've done on this ride that was successful first try? :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:35 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Is that the first thing you've done on this ride that was successful first try? :lol:

3rd try.

1st was clean and grease
2nd was the relays with the window working backwards
3rd is video worthy

Everything's nice
....cuz I do it all twice
.....or maybe thrice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:20 am 

I gave up on my 308 windows because many people have posted on FerrariChat that
the only thing to do is to take everything apart, clean, and grease. And they mean really everything including taking the motor off. This would be easy for me except, and this is a really big except, putting the cables back in the proper order. They also say to snake in a heavy ground wire through with the other wires that go to the door. I think that you should hold your nose and go to the 308/328 section of FerrariChat and enter slow windows in the search box. If I want fast windows, I use my 330GT which has really fast windows.
It could be that you have done all this and I missed a lot of what you have done in going perhaps too fast through your posting.
But if the windows worked when the car was new, they should work now if everything is cleaned etc --- including the electrical contacts. And if you snake in a ground wire, they should work better than new. But I have done none of this myself so what I have written should be taken with a lot of salt,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 am 

For clients that complain about window speed. The first thing I do is remove the panel and run the window with a good battery connected straight to the window motor. If it is acceptable speed wise, I add relays and battery (fused) power. Having the switch just trip the relay usually make them very fast without even taking them apart. I have on occasion had to rebuild or clean up a regulator, but not often.
Just my thoughts.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:52 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
mk e wrote:
It should be...but that is not what the product you linked is or does. It takes power from the switch but redirects the ground to the door frame....which could be run as a separate wire but isn't I'm sure in the name of easy install. I'm sure they make it better and its a hidden, reversible, DIY friendly alteration so the purists don't hate it.....but its not ideal.

I linked you to Rodney's Ferrari *page* which shows both the product you quoted: http://rodneydickman.com/product_info.p ... ucts_id=91

And the product I was thinking about: http://rodneydickman.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=229

Ahh, didn't see those. Yes, that is what I just built but without the spices installing that would require....but I have spade connectors at the relay so I guess all the same in the end. I had the open slots on the relay panel so it seemed easiest to just use them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:19 am 

Lowell_Brown wrote:
I gave up on my 308 windows because many people have posted on FerrariChat that
the only thing to do is to take everything apart, clean, and grease. And they mean really everything including taking the motor off. This would be easy for me except, and this is a really big except, putting the cables back in the proper order. They also say to snake in a heavy ground wire through with the other wires that go to the door. I think that you should hold your nose and go to the 308/328 section of FerrariChat and enter slow windows in the search box. If I want fast windows, I use my 330GT which has really fast windows.
It could be that you have done all this and I missed a lot of what you have done in going perhaps too fast through your posting.
But if the windows worked when the car was new, they should work now if everything is cleaned etc --- including the electrical contacts. And if you snake in a ground wire, they should work better than new. But I have done none of this myself so what I have written should be taken with a lot of salt,

I've looked and a lot of people do a lot of things for sure. I think Wade has it exactly right for how to fix it.....I started with the maintenance because my time is free and maintenance is never wrong....the driver side for sure had a grease problem (the window would not move at all) the passenger side did not, it seemed fine but I'm pretty sure the passenger motor was replaced...it was not identical to the drivers side and the right rear fender and it looks like door skin were changed and I assume that is when the window motor was replaced.

The factory wiring has issues.....its a long path with a bunch of connectors and contacts which leads to a lot or opportunity for problems and a lot of "fixes" that I have no doubt improve things but aren't necessarily getting to the problem.....which is there is too much wire and too many connections and contacts but its mostly the connections and contacts that change with time. On my car for sure the connector under the dash at the passenger door is corroded and should be replaced....there is a rust induced leak at the base of the windshield frame, some rust and a corroded connector under it. Beyond that all the connections along the way are dark, not the bright silver they started life as so for sure there is increased contact resistance....I'm sure the switch is the same way. The moldings in the window frame are worn and hard. It just all adds up.

My adding or relays is probably not quite as good as the Wade is doing it power to the window wise as I'm using the switched 12v which adds wire and a another relay but its much better than the factory setup. I should replace the door connector.....but the window works 3/4 decent now....I guess my interest in getting it working better depends on how much longer until the block is back in my hands and I can move on to important stuff :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 pm 

Getting back to the clutch switch while i wait on the connectors and relays to finish up the window....the switch I ordered is pretty worthless as it's neither M8 nor an actual switch, its 5/16 and "switch" is just the spade connector hitting thr body.  Back to searching an 1 star for this pos.

Attachments:
20210104_174945-resized-1024.jpg
20210104_174945-resized-1024.jpg [ 186.85 KiB | Viewed 3940 times ]
20210104_175027-resized-1024.jpg
20210104_175027-resized-1024.jpg [ 169.02 KiB | Viewed 3940 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:46 pm 

Chinesium?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:48 am 

So your clutch switch is really no different than a door jam switch on the car now? Do you need a switch or just a ground shut off? That thing will work great as a ground shut off.

I probably missed this in an earlier post, but what are you using the clutch switch for?

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:05 am 

The clutch switch lets the ECM know when the clutch is depressed so that it can change management algorithms from "overrun" to "idle recovery".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 221  Next