gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:55 pm 

Kind of thinking about an Impreza.....base model with steel wheels if I can find an R title example. Cheap car, that drives on cheap tires and burns cheap gas. Wasn't planning to think about this for a few months.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:08 pm 

Now you're talking.....go Japanese. Buy it cheap, drive it, change the oil, put tires on it and that's basically it. And sell it 50K later for not much less than you paid for it.

No way would I own a Merc or a BMW. Way too needy and have a depreciation curve worse than a dam Ferrari. IMHO the only German cars that are worth a sh*t are Porsches & Audi's and Audi's are doubtful too.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 pm 

You lost me at change the oil ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:26 pm 

mk e wrote:
...there isn't a lot of space left for lights so I need to have the lighting plan sorted soon.

Mike- you're alwys ahead of me... but I just finished a house rehab in Eact Hampton where I used LED puck lights that require only a 1/2" space above the drywall ceiling. I used 4" and 6" diameters all over the house - they use little juice, are dimmable and you could operate in the room with them on high! and in quantity they're less than $25...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:21 am 

Tajaro wrote:
mk e wrote:
...there isn't a lot of space left for lights so I need to have the lighting plan sorted soon.

Mike- you're alwys ahead of me... but I just finished a house rehab in Eact Hampton where I used LED puck lights that require only a 1/2" space above the drywall ceiling. I used 4" and 6" diameters all over the house - they use little juice, are dimmable and you could operate in the room with them on high! and in quantity they're less than $25...

Still Mark ;)

We were looking at those in homedepot yesterday while picking out the exterior lights (that I was supposed to already have)....well, I think the ones I saw needed 1.5"? I need to spend a little more time looking at options and of course taking Lana's wish to always be able to change her mind into account.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:28 pm 

mk e wrote:
Still Mark ;)

Where's the Dumb Sh1t emoticon? Of course I know that... Been out of PA too long and miss ya that's all...

Here's one version I've used... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ND ... UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:33 am 

Tajaro wrote:
mk e wrote:
Still Mark ;)

Where's the Dumb Sh1t emoticon? Of course I know that... Been out of PA too long and miss ya that's all...

Here's one version I've used... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ND ... UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!

I like them! I used something similar, probably illegally, over the the garage doors on the house because I wanted to match what I'd done (probably also illegally) over the doors on the shop but on the house there was a big beam over 1 so no space. They certainly make it easier to mount where you want vs where you can.

I'll see what the boss says :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:05 pm 

I was 90% leaning to a new impreza but now I'm 50/50 with the other option being a used bmw i3 since I just changed jobs and am now close enough to home (35miles each way) to make an electric commute more viable. I know its still a used bmw but man are they cheap (in theory) to operate and used with under 50k miles but with the range extender engine are under impreza prices so .....I don't know. I do know Lana hates not having her car.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:27 pm 

A friend had a Chevy Bolt and really liked it. I drove it and it was fun. Could go >200 miles on a charge.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
A friend had a Chevy Bolt and really liked it. I drove it and it was fun. Could go >200 miles on a charge.

I've heard generally good things about them as well but I was hoping to stay under 20k and they seem to be more like mid 20s vs an older small battery i3 with the range extender was it should still get me home for like 15ish. My fear is more about learning to really hate the tiny 7 liter fuel tank that I know I'll be constantly filling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 220  Next