gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 pm 

We should start a pool!

I'll put $100 on NONE! :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:28 pm 

And here I was scared I hadn't left enough room to get the last trunk in next to the wall....silly me.

Attachments:
20200625_202355-resized-1024.jpg
20200625_202355-resized-1024.jpg [ 210.08 KiB | Viewed 4815 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:48 pm 

Is the top of that post against the bottom of the duct or did you cut the duct area by 50% to get it around that corner?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:30 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Is the top of that post against the bottom of the duct or did you cut the duct area by 50% to get it around that corner?

Post to duct, duct full size. That was this morning's work....I added 2 pieces of blocking and a new stud then cut out the old corner, now the duct sits in the right place, but needed to be installed just so......the wall doesn't actually support anything, it just holds the insulation and drywall so structure isn't a concern

The jog will allow a row of lights about 2 ft off the wall, then there will be a pool table with a standard pool table light over it about 8ft off the wall...it should look good and have nice even light when its done but a lot of planning ahead which is normally not my thing. And the stringers I'm adding will put the drywall right on the bottom of the ducts so as height as possible which should also be nice,but again more planning ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:59 pm 

I should add this...I don't ever want to see ducts again as long as I live so if there are any HVAC guys reading this, I'm so sorry you had to see this in your time off....7nless you're reading it instead of working and chuckling at my pain, then I'm not sorry :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:49 pm 

mk e wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:
I got a late reminder from my Google home about Markys birthday.

Happy belated birthday buddy!

Chris! How are things going?...I hope your pizza empire is holding up with all that's going on?

We've not used our pizza oven since last fall....no real point when its just us, the pizza cooks fine in the electric oven so the wood oven is more about it being an event. Our country is going "green" Friday but there is still little chance any social gatherings will be permitted in my world.....and honestly I have to wonder a bit....Covid hasn't gone anywhere its just down to a number that lets it float around not quite bad enough to shut down but ready to jump should we forget its there....what do you even do with that? The northeast is basically stable....we're at 500 cases/day here in PA, mostly the eastern counties including the one I live in and the one I work in so Lana isn't having any talk of normal life but to get to my point, we've not been to a restaurant or done takeout in months and we can't be the only ones and nationally the daily case count is as bad as ever and people move around.... So How are you doing Chris?

Doing good my friend.
Can’t remember if I told the crew here, but we sold our pizza shop that we were there since 1988 last December. Actually sold the property and business on 12/31/19
And wouldn’t you know a month later the Chinese virus strikes. I think this is the only time in my life that I lucked out. Got my money and I’m out of there.
Picked up another property that had a pizza place in it that was abandoned for 5 years. Just opened it about a month ago. Wasn’t allowed to open the dine in area until last week. We have been lucky. The place is busy. All take out with no delivery. People still going out to eat. The sit down places are the ones getting screwed. They are doing the outside tables for dining. It’s all great trying to support the local restaurants but man, it’s been 90s with humidity for the past week plus. People aren’t going to be eating happy in those conditions for long.
The 308 situation, well there isn’t any. I haven’t driven her for about a year. I’m debating if it’s time to let her go. I don’t know yet. I’ll have to think about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:12 am 

You said there was a new building but not that the old one was gone...that is good luck!

Now about that 308.....if you're busy and need help I'd be happy to drive it around this summer for you :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:39 pm 

Pizzaman wrote:
mk e wrote:
[quote="Pizzaman"
The 308 situation, well there isn’t any. I haven’t driven her for about a year. I’m debating if it’s time to let her go. I don’t know yet. I’ll have to think about it.

One keeps one's 308 forever as I have done.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:56 pm 

Lowell_Brown wrote:
One keeps one's 308 forever as I have done.

Or works on it forever as I have done :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:09 pm 

nothing interesting, still stuck in the basement. Putting up lights, about 1/2 are up. I wanted plenty so it didn't feel dark....so yeah....I'll probably need to add dimmers now or require protective eye wear to enter :D

Drywall should start in a few days and as i finish up wiring I was looking at projector specs trying to figure out where to put power and signal for that when it hit me that the only thing better than a 130 inch movie screen is a 130 inch screen race simulator and I need a driving seat in the front row..this is going to be awesome!.....once i save up enough money to actually buy any of the stuff I found :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 220  Next