gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:38 am 

cribbj wrote:
I'm sure you know that oil burning

...is 2019 F1 technology :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 am 

Martini wrote:
cribbj wrote:
I'm sure you know that oil burning

...is 2019 F1 technology :mrgreen:

I always chuckle with race rules.....it seems adding rules ALWAYS leads to needing to add more rules to fix all the work-a-rounds to the first rules.

No refueling! Tanks size xxx!

I remember reading a story about a NASCAR team putting a jack under the fuel tank to pop it up for inspection then using compressed air to pop it back down for the race. Once that was discovered they ran the fuel line into the frame rail adding a couple gallons in the rail itself. when that was discovered and rules require the fuel line outside the frame they went to line 1" fuel line run all the way around the frame. Now with stick fuel limits and regulation F1 is using oil as a fuel....no doubt a spec oil is coming :)

Kids home has put the brakes on shop time....I've got to get the head finished though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:44 pm 

I sense a disturbance in the force....aka new distraction, the kids want something like this

Attachments:
deathstar.jpg
deathstar.jpg [ 140.17 KiB | Viewed 5614 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:23 pm 

mk e wrote:
I sense a disturbance in the force....aka new distraction, the kids want something like this

Dayum.....WTF is that???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 pm 

cribbj wrote:
mk e wrote:

Dayum.....WTF is that???

A death Star fire pit of course!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37-Death-Star-Firepit-1-4-steel-/152653297573

The kids were just in awe when they saw the pics. I have an RFQ out to a couple places in China that make big steel hemispheres....I'm thinking 1000mm dia, 6mm wall, 304SS becasue I HATE rust on the patio.

I think there is a 10pc min order.....you want me to save you a pair?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:13 pm 

mk e wrote:
A death Star fire pit of course!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37-Death-Star-Firepit-1-4-steel-/152653297573

The kids were just in awe when they saw the pics. I have an RFQ out to a couple places in China that make big steel hemispheres....I'm thinking 1000mm dia, 6mm wall, 304SS becasue I HATE rust on the patio.

Why not ask the guy in Canada to make you one in 304?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:39 pm 

mk e wrote:

Think I'll pass; if the liquor'd up bubbas around here saw that thing on a Friday night after they're cruising in their pick-em-ups looking for low hangin' fruit, I think it & the house would become instant targets......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:59 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Why not ask the guy in Canada to make you one in 304?

My fear is he'd want me to pay him for it :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:59 pm 

A care package from GT parts arrived.....I'm behind where I should be I fear but now I can drop the crank off for regrind.

Attachments:
20200111_135359-resized-1024.jpg
20200111_135359-resized-1024.jpg [ 311.78 KiB | Viewed 5517 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:16 pm 

So playing catch-up with driver maintenance. Lana's car needed inspection which meant brakes and few minor things. The front bosch pads came with the wear sensor misinstalled and destroyed....had to use the old one and had to re-drill the hole the correct size. Odd for a brand name.

On to the BMW which is over a year out of inspection and started making a loud whistle calling attention to itself. The whistle was the PCV..which is part of the valve cover. While changing the valve cover I spotted a broken hose from the ir pump which I figured must be the cause to the insufficient air bank 1/2 error and was thinking inspection sticker was headed my way.....nope, code still there and now there is also an intake cam position error and intermittent exhaust cam position error.....WFT...how does changing the valve cover mess up cam position??? Google said clean the vanos solenoid or maybe oil issue, cleaned, no change. Changed the oil and ran some cleaner though and while the clean was in the the exhaust was show failure, but new oil fixed nothing but I did pop my back changing it. Replaced the solenoids, no change......I'll need to take it somewhere with a better scanner.

I knew it had a bad front wheel bearing and a growing in the rear so I deiced all 4 bearing. My back is feeling better and I got the first 1 done and found a bad ball joint so ordered a couple of those. I had a code for no front left wheel speed, could have been the bearing but the sensor tested open and I got one of those....it also tests open, WFT! and its also bosch, I'm seriously starting to thing their replacement parts are actually crap. It also needs front pads so more parts coming. On to the right side.

I figure this would be a weekend and back to the ferrari.....but the bmw hates me.

On the ferrari I decided to order 12 cylinders so I know all 12 are exactly the same with no pits or scratches I was trying hard to not see. They should be here in 2-3 weeks and I'm still hoping to be ready for them so back to the cursed bmw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 220  Next