gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:40 am
Posts: 188
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachment:
IMG_0371 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0371 (Medium).JPG [ 74.25 KiB | Viewed 1020 times ]


Attachment:
IMG_0401 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0401 (Medium).JPG [ 71.14 KiB | Viewed 1020 times ]


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
Not sure if this belongs here on in the shop thread but I think I just made a deal with the devil by agreeing to let a guy I know setup his 1600hp engine dyno in my shop. The setup will take a while as its really more a collection of parts than an actual dyno but.......


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 am
Posts: 169
mk e wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here on in the shop thread but I think I just made a deal with the devil by agreeing to let a guy I know setup his 1600hp engine dyno in my shop. The setup will take a while as its really more a collection of parts than an actual dyno but.......


Hell yeah. I have friend that has a chassis dyno in his garage behind his house. I have used it a couple times. It is the sh*ts.

_________________
Wade Williams
Master Ferrari Tech
Restoration Tech


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
FoaTech wrote:
mk e wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here on in the shop thread but I think I just made a deal with the devil by agreeing to let a guy I know setup his 1600hp engine dyno in my shop. The setup will take a while as its really more a collection of parts than an actual dyno but.......


Hell yeah. I have friend that has a chassis dyno in his garage behind his house. I have used it a couple times. It is the sh*ts.


Chassis dynos are very convenient.....I just made an offer on 4 of these:


Attachments:
Roller Capture.JPG
Roller Capture.JPG [ 73.62 KiB | Viewed 1012 times ]
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
mk e wrote:
Chassis dynos are very convenient.....I just made an offer on 4 of these:


looks like a road trip to Springfield Mass Saturday morning.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
So the dyno has no controller or software. Nate was planning to use an ardino or similar....which would work but really suck to use.

.....enginelab to the rescue! I was thinking a out it and the ecu already has all the engine data then the dyno just need a load cell read, a cooling pump run and the load valve controlled....seems like I should just plug the dtmyno into the ecu. I emailed Jim and he had an even better idea to run the dyno on the pc using virtual channel, then feed the info the the ecu to just send to the dyno.....and offered to show me how to do it when the day comes.

This is going to be great!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
cribbj wrote:
The 315's really do look good on the Supra.....

That they do. ....and my oil pump looks really good attached to the engine :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
I did stuff! Removed the parts I removed them put back for pics and removed the alternator.....trust me the alternator out is a big deal involving bloody hands......


Attachments:
20190306_205630-resized-1024.jpg
20190306_205630-resized-1024.jpg [ 333.58 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]
20190306_205207-resized-1024.jpg
20190306_205207-resized-1024.jpg [ 276.18 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 am
Posts: 169
Well it's a start. I am glad you are back at it. Now put some Neosporin on the cut and get back in there. :)

_________________
Wade Williams
Master Ferrari Tech
Restoration Tech


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm
Posts: 2849
FoaTech wrote:
Well it's a start. I am glad you are back at it. Now put some Neosporin on the cut and get back in there. :)


It was bed time...and while saying good night the to kids the only one asked about making the door for the secret room tonight ....the door I nearly begged him to come out and make before I put all the construction tools away and cleaned up the mess.....sign....and Saturday is lost to picking up the dyno rollers... .I might have the engine out this weekend...might.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group