gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 167  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 pm 

mk e,
Butch,,,,,thanks for the Honesty.
P2184,calling P2184,..

Say Hey, Pizza

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am 

Oh man, more delays on the ECU?

Hey Reggie!

I'm just chilling as you can see. :)

Attachments:
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG [ 2.24 MiB | Viewed 10918 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:21 am 

Pizzaman wrote:

Hey Reggie!

The real delay is the weather.....at least for the moment. Then i have wiring that is unfinished to take care of....it will need the fan working before i can let it fully warmup and can't drive with wheel sensot wires hanging. Once that's all done I'll need the ecu back

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:52 pm 

Pizzaman wrote:

Hey Reggie!

Gosh, Pizza
Im in Austin ands its nice but it aint SF in juice season.
my wiring diagram doesn't match my loom.
my drive dingy wont load my haltech disc.
I galled a feul rail 90,not earls,now earls
its pretty much wired up and very tidy but not for real cause diagram doesn't match loom
Randall Made Orlando Fla,,FA 555

Attachments:
new knives 001.JPG
new knives 001.JPG [ 2.07 MiB | Viewed 10868 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm 

Holy Moly, those are some scary scissors....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 am 

reggazz312t wrote:
my wiring diagram doesn't match my loom.
my drive dingy wont load my haltech disc.
I galled a feul rail 90,not earls,now earls
its pretty much wired up and very tidy but not for real cause diagram doesn't match loom

Reg if you're having trouble maybe start a thread and we'll see if we can help you solve it....I've done a few haltech altough not recently.

On the fittings I use neversieze pretty religiously these days. There may be other products that work better but I've never galled one using neversieze.....but have galled fittings of all brands including earls not using it, so I use it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 am 

Thought for the day.

When my ECU makes it back I've decided to stop being an idiot and get the cylinder O2 stuff working so I don't need to guess and touch pipes. The very worst case is I'll be able to narrow it to groups of 3, but I think I can pull cylinder data from those sensors without need to install sensors on each pipe...but the bungs are already on the pipes if I need to go there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:11 pm 

mk e wrote:
Thought for the day.

When my ECU makes it back I've decided to stop being an idiot and get the cylinder O2 stuff working so I don't need to guess and touch pipes. The very worst case is I'll be able to narrow it to groups of 3, but I think I can pull cylinder data from those sensors without need to install sensors on each pipe...but the bungs are already on the pipes if I need to go there.

I know it's a PITA but if you can track each cyl... then do it. You've got a major prototype build on your hands with untold hrs of development and design. you'll only be kicking yourself and doing it later anyways.

Here's the question that'll make you think... so with the ability to tune each cylinder individually and get each one to burn efficiently are they all producing the same power within a narrow margin? the only way to answer that is to monitor the intake air mass accurately as possible otherwise it's an avg. How close is each to the next? hmm I guess pressure transducers and exhaust gas temp probes could answer that one.. boy talk about falling down the rabbit hole! Yeah I think you'll be fine with monitoring the burn for each cyl and avg the rest.

The real big question is this though... How are your going to keep your mitts off it once it's running? you know the "I can do it better if I did this" or the "I can improve that!" :D :geek: Don't say it won't happen... look where you are now neck deep in a custom V12!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D
Glad you're making progress again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 pm 

I have 18 O2 bungs installed.

1 on each of the 6 collectors (6-2-1 x 2)
1 on each cylinder pipe.

Currently I have WBO2 on the 2 bank collectos and those are working.

I also have NBO2 on the 4 other collectors and I haven't looked at them.....I keep forgetttign to turn on the frikin logger. These sensors are supposed to have about a 1ms reaction time and I have the readings tied to crank position and a table to account for lag time so in theory I can read the cylinders but I currently don't know the correct lag times so I can't be certain which cylinder I'm looking at until I sort that out.

Once cylinder O2 is reading then the air mass flow and power per cylinder also get answered. The injectors are all fully characterized so fuel flow is known.....If it needs to be trimmed to match AFR then its the air that is varying by the % fuel had to be trimmed and power mostly follows air flow.

I also have MAP for each cylinder....I need to get that working too I guess.

You're right there will be more changes but it will be more clean-up and cosmetic for at least a couple years unless somehting fails and I need a redesign to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm 

Montreal328 wrote:
Holy Moly, those are some scary scissors....

LOL!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 167  Next