gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Firmware
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:49 pm 

Wow, this is awesome. I have a 506 infinity and put a couple clues together....downloaded EL Console and opened some renamed infinity sessions (with errors). I thought I discovered some hidden secret to the infinity. I want to add the canbus stuff to the infinity code. Well, another great idea I was beaten to the punch on. A week later I do a search and voila....I found this forum.
The errors I was getting was about tags an memory locations so I assumed I needed to load the right firmware. It appears now that I found this forum I have to start with getting my infinity serial number added by Jim at EL.
1-can I use the infinity firmware and modify just what I need?
2-If I load all of the EL firmware up and get added can I go back to the infinity firmware later?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Firmware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:30 pm 

Welcome.

Yes to use EL console you need to register the unit on the EL site. EL console will not work properly without the EL firmware....the AEM stuff is the same base but not the same exactly and EL is now V97, AEM is still using V96 I think....so again a mismatch.

1) Yes sort of maybe......the AEM sort is technically closed. You can gain access to it through EL console but you'll probable need to do some work to get it into a propper EL format. There is an open EL model coming soon that should be better than the AEM stuff once it's finished but it will be built in bits on an as-needed basis I assume.

2) Yes, you can always reload the AEM FW and go back to what you had.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:42 pm 

Forgot...I need to get CAN up and working on mine at some point soon too.....maybe start a thead in the programming section? I know its possible it sent an output on can A and read it on CAN b in the simulator, haven't played with it yet though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:38 pm 

It will be slow going but yes. I will post what I come up with but it may be awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:03 pm 

Everything takes longer than it seems like it shoul :)

I started a CAN thread a while back....but didn't do any work

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=156

I'll try to get back to it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:48 am 

One thing that is totally possible is to write a plugin for EL Console that allows you to edit the model in InfinityTuner. The plugin dll can just be dropped into InfinityTuner and used within InfinityTuner

In fact, the plugin sample that is available from downloads shows how to create and edit a CAN Packet model item from code.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:13 am 

I never even looked at the plugin stuff :oops:

I was thinking first there needs to be a working model THEN there can be tools to make using it easy and when I played with the AEM stuff I kept thinking "but I don't want a wizard, I just want to go change this 1 thing not reset everything". I do now understand why they use then...there are a number of things that require you to go into the model to setup and they don't want you to do that....the wizard is the solution. I'm trying to convince Jim a few little things should change here and there to make use easier, he seems really focused on things from a programming view and hasn't really looked at it from a user view yet because AEM was handling all that and worked with what they had rather than ask for new stuff it appears.

I think in the next 1-2 years EL and the interface will get a lot more user friendly since jim has it installed on his car now.....the notes for v8521 say it improves layout tab manipulation but is not yet drag and drop as I'd like to see...I'll keep sending Jim notes...right now I'm pushing for a running 30-60sec loop log so plots are live when you're tuning and you always have the ability to see what just happened and the ability to make the plot a fixed time scale so you always know exactly what period your looking at whci will compliment the loop log nicely :)