gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anti roll bars
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:03 pm 

So...speedway called me today to let me know my springs would be delayed, they only had 1 in stock but more had just arrived, 1-2 days. I decided that was a sign from God/Enzo that I ordered the wrong spring and was getting a chance to correct the error. The stiffest springs I could find that fit my shocks were 900lb/in, so I ordered 900/750 that put me at 1.2" sag and 1.83hz front and rear. Wit such a big change in the springs I will put the swaybar project on hold to see what I have before making more changes.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:12 pm 

Just to keep everything in 1 place here are the shock graphs. They are single adjustable for rebound, the different line are the rebound setting in clicks. They go 0-35, 3.33 is consider ok, 6-25 optimal so if you are out of that range they recommend a re-valve.

On the op gragh, the OEM koni is the black line, on the bottom its the purple for comparison.

Attachments:
front shock.JPG
front shock.JPG [ 118.4 KiB | Viewed 4458 times ]
rear shock.JPG
rear shock.JPG [ 115.68 KiB | Viewed 4458 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:10 am 

I had an error in my spring spread sheet and the springs I ordered are kind of stiff and mismatched :(

It looks like the 900 front should pair with 575 rears and yield 2.6hz which is kind or moving into downforce car territory.....but still softer than the simple sag math suggests I want. I generally prefer stiffer springs and small swaybars so I'm going to let this order roll I think.

A buddy has 580/380 and that is 2.1....so kind of the other end of the autocross/track range spring wise with 1"/.875" sway bars and says its good. With the heavier springs I'm going to stay where I am swaybar wise, 3/4 front, nothing rear and see....I suspect it will want a bit more front bar....but I need s running engine to be sure.

Attachments:
spring math.JPG
spring math.JPG [ 67.83 KiB | Viewed 4457 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 pm 

So I just went out to check something else and realized I'd misremembered spring lengths so what is on the way is wrong. Damn it!

right length now coming (6in/8in to replace the longer 7/10 I currently have)...and now with fixed math I dropped to 800/500 which is about 2.5hz and more in line with conventional thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:42 pm 

I went ahead and checked the torsional stiffness and my guess .25" was wrong,...1/2" for a GTS it looks like. I'll check it again once the engine is in to be sure that weight works the way I'm assuming it does. Pretty trivial with stock suspension but 20-25% on my setup....its actually less over bumps because the there is inertia but as you settle into a corner and are trying to use the sway bars to to move loads front to back is when it really comes into play so now the goal is keep the F/R roll stiffness as close to inherently balanced as possible so that bars are as close to equal as possible and the twist never happens....at least that is how it work in my simple mind.....might be all wrong....

https://youtu.be/CtgYNZ7PMaw