gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: mk e's Shop remodel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 am 

Montreal328 wrote:
Looking good! Should give that snow blower a test run... Ya know...

We have a winter storm warning. The cars are in the driveway because the Ferrari, the lawn equipment and plants are in the attached garage. The snow blower for sure has a couple flat tires, the 4x4 on my bmw is not working because of a failed senior I think and Lana's Mercedes needs tires with tread.....I'm so not ready for winter :(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:09 am 

I realized the other day that the construction 1 year anniversary just past....and I'm nothing like finished. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am 

Finished hanging the drywall on the ceiling last night including a little framing around the stairs needed to complete the ceiling. Yay!

Hopefully the walls go quicker.....a little more sqft but should be easier to handle. I expect to be mudding by the end of the weekend. When I was on the stairs framing I noticed the cold breeze from the soffits.....I want to get the downstairs finished enough to move stuff into but I need to seal the upstairs area too, I heard itsx15f below normal today :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am 

Drywall up on the north wall

Attachments:
20181115_195956-resized-1024.jpg
20181115_195956-resized-1024.jpg [ 256.16 KiB | Viewed 6409 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:11 pm 

Drywall up on the east wall...just 1 left.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 am 

Drywall finished on main floor. I didn't get any mud on though.....and I'm thinking as much as I want to do the mud and finish the main floor I probably need to move upstairs and get that sealed or it will not stay warm enough for the mud to ever dry on the main floor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:11 pm 

mk e wrote:
Drywall finished on main floor. I didn't get any mud on though.....and I'm thinking as much as I want to do the mud and finish the main floor I probably need to move upstairs and get that sealed or it will not stay warm enough for the mud to ever dry on the main floor.
... or staple a piece of plastic across the opening to the attic and do it in spring.

What did you decide about the air supply plumbing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:32 pm 

Brian A wrote:
... or staple a piece of plastic across the opening to the attic and do it in spring.

What did you decide about the air supply plumbing?

I can't....the compressor is up there. I decided to punt on the airline decision and run it outside to walls....but I'm leaning toward the rapid air stuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am 

My younger son walked into the shop for the first time in a while looking for me yesterday and stopped what he was saying and paused as his head turned back and forth a couple times in what looked like disbelief ...."this looks really nice!"... :)

I ran out of wood and didn't Lana's car to go get more as I moved on to the mud and was just finishing up a base coat when he walked in.

Hopefully over the long holiday weekend I'll get all the draywall finished....that might be a bit optimistic as upstairs is a bit complicated but I'm going to try hard. Exactly a year ago over the Thanksgiving weekend we out up the exterior walls.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 pm 

I really like using the 90 minute Durock Joint compound that comes in a bag for the taping and first coat of mud. I only use it for the first coat because it does not sand easy but it hardens really hard and gives you a nice joint and doesn't shrink or crack while curing. It's completely cured by the next morning and ready for 2nd and 3rd coats. I use the standard stuff in the green topped bucket for the second and third coat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 54  Next