gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welding wheels
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:00 am 

changing the lip added quite a bit of weight, its 25.7 now. You can see in the cross section how chunky it got where the spokes join the rim and I couldn't think of a good way to carve it out without weakening it....which is of course why the 1st design wasn't like that :)

Attachments:
17x8 OEM look section Capture.JPG
17x8 OEM look section Capture.JPG [ 77.67 KiB | Viewed 7736 times ]
17x8 section Capture.JPG
17x8 section Capture.JPG [ 66.04 KiB | Viewed 7736 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:21 pm 

Huston we have a problem!

I tried to order my wheels this morning and he asked for western union on a live word doc invoice which both struck me as odd/wrong

I politely told him no and offered paypal or wire.

He said yes to wire and he'd get me his agent's account info.....that would be another "hell no!"

I asked for references and reached out to an agent I know who might be in the area.....but I'm not sure this is a real company or perhaps I'm not talking to a real representative. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 am 

Still talking to china guy but we're at last and final offer on terms I think and I honestly don't expect him to accept.

Found a US place that says they have center forgings for 3pc wheels. They aren't on the web site but they say they have them....asked for drawings/models or whatever detail they can provide.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:13 pm 

Saga continues. I after I told China guy no deposit without references or other proof he's ever actually made wheels for anyone China guy sent me pics from a job they did for a guy in Sweden. Pics of what looks like wheels in China, what looks like the same wheels on a car in what could be Sweden, pic of shipping docs, pic of wire transfer receipt.

I sent a $510....and am still breathing because Lana hasn't realized yet. If the money vanished I'll start a go fund me page so everyone who's learned form my actions can pay what they feel is fair for there new knowledge. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 pm 

China guy says he got the deposit and is placing the order. I asked for pics from start to finish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am 

day 1 complete and I'm not dead yet! Lana clearly has a lot on her mind at the moment so I guess I times it perfectly! She just asked how much and barely rolled her eyes!

Steven say no problemo on pics so all good so far. Yesterday he asked if I'd check caliper clearance on the design work so it still seems like he's planning to make wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 am 

Today's question was do I need a logo on the center caps. I said no they use OEM ferrari caps but this on the back of 1 ofthe spokes would be great if possible
Attachment:
gemellocattivo 1.JPG
gemellocattivo 1.JPG [ 17.42 KiB | Viewed 7719 times ]

The follow up was asking if I needed center caps., I don't but it seems they were probably included in the quote.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am 

From Steven

"Hi Mark,will those wheels be mounted on vehicle?If yes,your design need to be redrawing,because our engineer found your designs have many mistakes."

...hmmmmmm.  i asked if he could be more specific.  The 2D comes directly from the 3D  model so if there are errors they are in the model not the drawing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:51 am 

These rederings popped into my inbox this morning.....looks like its all redrawn with no request for more money...yet. I only saw 1 little cosmetic issue on image 3...the counterbore should be the same DIA as the rib so they blend without a line. I asked for that to be fixed and also asked if I could see the actual drawing so I can understand what exactly changed.

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 41 KiB | Viewed 7641 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 45.53 KiB | Viewed 7641 times ]
3 with arrow.jpg
3 with arrow.jpg [ 72.05 KiB | Viewed 7641 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 51.36 KiB | Viewed 7641 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:22 am 

This is getting good. Now I need popcorn.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next