gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:32 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
I find eBay is amazingly out of touch for the company that INVENTED peer-to-peer e-commerce.

Yeah....ebay is just not very good, at least not for used stuff where they started. Not really sure what the alternative is thought? I do national craig's list searches but not sure how many do and it seems to be mostly lower end stuff that turns up there. I'm kind of at the if its not at least $100 I'll probably drop it in the trash spot because its just not worth the hassle.

I did final get my money yesterday afternoon and both sets of 550 wheel are now shipped.

Oddly both sets where bought body owners who have a 550 as their personal toy and wanted original wheels back on them. I guess 550s have now entered the part of the curve where mods are done and original cars command the highest $$.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:01 pm 

Sounds like a good candidate for CF 19's ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 am 

Finally got the piston(s) ordered Thursday.....it involved agreeing to some work in the mudroom lana wanted done but that's nearly complete and pistons are ordered so all good

I also spent a few minutes over the weekend deleting fake Russian forum members and their locked by the software spam posts....for some reason its always Russians. Changed the security question so it should be quiet now for a few months now that the boys will answer wrong and be kicked out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:57 pm 

The gaskets like cam cover, timing cover, exhaust manifold etc are on their way from GT part....$250

I need to get the valves and seats on order so I can get the heads fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:46 pm 

Mark, did you ever decide if a seat came loose and caused all the havoc, or if one of the valves themselves seized up?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:14 pm 

cribbj wrote:
Mark, did you ever decide if a seat came loose and caused all the havoc, or if one of the valves themselves seized up?

The seats are still mostly in place so it had to be a valve....

Just cleaning up the last of the mess from the tool box swap and making a place for the engine on the bench then the real work begins.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:09 pm 

mk e wrote:
The seats are still mostly in place so it had to be a valve....

Just cleaning up the last of the mess from the tool box swap and making a place for the engine on the bench then the real work begins.

IIRC, you weren't running them with crazy tight clearances were you?

I do remember you were having some QA/QC issues with your valve supplier. Reckon you might have had some out of spec stems?

Do you have an internal valve guide mike and did you mike each one individually & match to the valve that was going into the guide?

Wasn't it an intake side issue? That seems odd.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:21 am 

cribbj wrote:

IIRC, you weren't running them with crazy tight clearances were you?

I do remember you were having some QA/QC issues with your valve supplier. Reckon you might have had some out of spec stems?

Do you have an internal valve guide mike and did you mike each one individually & match to the valve that was going into the guide?

Wasn't it an intake side issue? That seems odd.

The piston to valve are whatever JE recommended...i forgot....050" on the sides and a bit more on the face iirc. About the same valve to valve.

There was something odd with one of the intake guides that I thought must be my imagination....turns out it must have been real. The valve seemed to drag, switched valves with no change, ran the guide ream back through a couple time with not much if any change.....but it showed up when I did the leak down. tap the back of the valve and let it seat and all was well, gentle close and it would leak a little...but I'd checked it a couple times, used a couple different reamers, I figured it was the sticky lube or whatever and running it would be fine.......or it might stick and smash. I'll look at it a lot closer this time around......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:52 am 

mk e wrote:
The piston to valve are whatever JE recommended...i forgot....050" on the sides and a bit more on the face iirc. About the same valve to valve.

There was something odd with one of the intake guides that I thought must be my imagination....turns out it must have been real. The valve seemed to drag, switched valves with no change, ran the guide ream back through a couple time with not much if any change.....but it showed up when I did the leak down. tap the back of the valve and let it seat and all was well, gentle close and it would leak a little...but I'd checked it a couple times, used a couple different reamers, I figured it was the sticky lube or whatever and running it would be fine.......or it might stick and smash. I'll look at it a lot closer this time around......

Mark, sorry, I wasn't referring to the piston/valve clearances, but the stem to guide clearances, and it does seem like you had a too tight fit with at least one of them. Also a little weird that your valves were leaking a bit during the leakdown? Did you lap them in?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:42 am 

mk e wrote:

The seat and guide not being concentric would cause this, yes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 220  Next