gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welding wheels
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm 

The tracking numbers show as live now with the wheels at the Ontario, CA facility. No delivery date yet.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:40 am 

It looks lime its wheel day! :)

I have dinner with a vendor tonight and won't to home to see them until quite late of course :cry:

Attachments:
Screenshot_20190912-070511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190912-070511_Chrome.jpg [ 447.28 KiB | Viewed 7998 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 am 

I think I'm going to try these valve stems

Attachments:
flush valve stem Capture.JPG
flush valve stem Capture.JPG [ 28.45 KiB | Viewed 8000 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am 

mk e wrote:
it looks like they added a little more meat the the spokes between the ribs. I had a constant 8mm cross section, they have what looks like about 8 growing to more like 12 near the hub. this must be the area they were concerned about the strength on.

The barrel is the same section thickness just behind the spider as it is just outboard of the inner lip. Is this ok? I would have expected that section to be tapered. Is it stiffer just behind the spider because it's a subtle cone?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:34 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
mk e wrote:
it looks like they added a little more meat the the spokes between the ribs. I had a constant 8mm cross section, they have what looks like about 8 growing to more like 12 near the hub. this must be the area they were concerned about the strength on.

The barrel is the same section thickness just behind the spider as it is just outboard of the inner lip. Is this ok? I would have expected that section to be tapered. Is it stiffer just behind the spider because it's a subtle cone?

Like where the arrow is? The back cuts were intended to go right to the rim, but they couldn't reach it to mill that area, so that now looks really thick in the section view. Is that what you're talking about?

The rear section of the rim is their standard design, I pulled it straight off their example drawing and they tweaked it to be exactly their example vs the close to my example as I had drawn. so that's all a known/tested design I think???....assume I guess is more true.

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 75.75 KiB | Viewed 8002 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:22 am 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

Like where the arrow is? The back cuts were intended to go right to the rim, but they couldn't reach it to mill that area, so that now looks really thick in the section view. Is that what you're talking about?

The rear section of the rim is their standard design, I pulled it straight off their example drawing and they tweaked it to be exactly their example vs the close to my example as I had drawn. so that's all a known/tested design I think???....assume I guess is more true.

I was referring to the two 3.2+0.2/-0 dimensions in the section image you posted on the previous page.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:34 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

I was referring to the two 3.2+0.2/-0 dimensions in the section image you posted on the previous page.

Ahh, same answer thought, that is the wheel makers design and spec. I had upped it to 3.5 on the rear and dropped to 3 on the front but they changed them both back to their original 3.2mm. I agree that it must flex there, it is a cone meeting a cone so pretty strong but.....I figured it was no worse than a bend in a 3 piece spun rim setup and mentally moved on.

It was brought to my attention that the cute flush valve stems will be a pita to check/set pressure and I had some concern about the valve being sucked in at speed in the way I had to orient the hole so I also order these too in gunmetal that should kind of match the wheels

Attachments:
90 deg forged Capture.JPG
90 deg forged Capture.JPG [ 30.32 KiB | Viewed 8002 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:04 pm 

Ordered from...?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Ordered from...?

China.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 pm 

:lol: Nvm... I no longer wanna know who the manufacturer is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next