gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:51 am 

On a very good beamer for reasonable money: Some guys buy a beamer, then realize that this beamer doesn‘t fit into the location where they want do the projection.
The good thing on this is, there are always some nearly new beamers available, with very low 1 or 2 digit hours. You can get them with a discount like 40% off....

And especially watch out with ceiling mounting for the required distance from the ceiling. Can be as much as 1meter. No fun if the projector sits exactly in the height of your head... Always rtfm befor buy :D

And YES 4k is a must have

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:52 am 

Mehl wrote:
The good thing on this is, there are always some nearly new beamers available, with very low 1 or 2 digit hours. You can get them with a discount like 40% off....

Never really thought to look for used....normal places like ebay?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:24 pm 

Mar:

I go away for a bit of time, come back to see it apart again. Dam. Keep at it, you'll get it done.

Art

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am 

mk e wrote:
Mehl wrote:

Never really thought to look for used....normal places like ebay?

Ebay, amazon and specialized beamer shops

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:15 pm 

I may have an easier way but certainly cheaper way on the floor heat. Talking today Lana said she'd not found anyone doing what I was talking about so I told her to google over-pour and went back to whatever I was doing. she calls me in to watch a video of a guy using a special machine to cut grooves into a slab then pop the pipe in and lay the floor over it. An hour of searching found...nothing. Hand tools for cutting grooves that might work if I had a month or 6.....then, and I have to give her credit, Lana says "that looks like the edger, could we use that?"

Indeed we could! Diamond blade fit right on and it cut stone pretty well. The thought is 3-4 blades with small spacers to get me a 5/8" wide x 5/8" deep groove, drop the pipe in and floor on top. Less work and an 1/3 the money the last plan was. I guess its good she made me fix it instead of throw it out last winter.

Attachments:
1596065748_20200729_191957_001-resized-1024_mmthumb.jpg
1596065748_20200729_191957_001-resized-1024_mmthumb.jpg [ 218.05 KiB | Viewed 4619 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:53 pm 

Brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm 

Is the existing screed insulated towards whatever is underneath? You‘ll be heating your basement or mother earth otherwise (don‘t ask, how I know...).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:18 pm 

Depending on how deep you want to cut into the floor, you could cut larger grooves, spray them full of urethane foam, then gouge a groove in the foam and lay the pipe on top of the foam in the gouge. That should both insulate the pipe and be sure it's making decent contact with the flooring. You could even lay down a thin subfloor and glue the pipe to the subfloor to ensure good thermal contact.

You'll think of something for underlayment

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:27 am 

drhex wrote:
Is the existing screed insulated towards whatever is underneath? You‘ll be heating your basement or mother earth otherwise (don‘t ask, how I know...).

There is that. Way back when we built the house I asked the builder about insulation under the slab but asked too late for him to have any interest in doing it, so no insulation. At the time is was destined to be the shop so no big deal but now it would be quite helpful.

Now, the best thing to do is remove the slab and start over...so around $10k plus the insulation and pipe cost. Second best is probably the something like the Roth panels
http://www.roth-america.com/products_radiant_panelsystem.cfm
They say floor directly over and only adds 3/4".... but its foam...so not convinced it will hold Lana's pool table without some plywood which add thickness ...probably 1.5" by the time its good.... hate to give up that much height.

Anyway my thought of the day is the basement is not hot right now with 90 degree summer weather so geo cooling is not all bad. Then come winter I was thinking run the floor to a relatively low max temp....70-75 maybe so its not COLD, but not hot enough to lose a lot of heat and let the geo forced air system I just ran ducts for actually control the room temp when more heat is needed....or put Lana in charge and we'll have 80-85F floors leaking buckets of heat to the ground with the AC running all winter to keep the room cool enough :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:39 am 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Depending on how deep you want to cut into the floor, you could cut larger grooves, spray them full of urethane foam, then gouge a groove in the foam and lay the pipe on top of the foam in the gouge. That should both insulate the pipe and be sure it's making decent contact with the flooring. You could even lay down a thin subfloor and glue the pipe to the subfloor to ensure good thermal contact.

You'll think of something for underlayment

There are products, like the Roth panels with a thin aluminum layer to distribute the heat without using the thermal mass of the slab. i suppose I could make something similar...1/2 foamboard with 1/2 or 5/8 ply strips on top to make the pipe channels, glue alum on top and tap it into the channels. That would be R3 plus the maybe R1 for the slab and gravel below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 220  Next