gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Dyno
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 am 

Looked at things again last night. I like the dynomite setup but not the space it will take. The welding bench is pretty strong, I built it years ago when I worked in a fab shop big chunks of metal available for purchase. I've been thinking about narrowing the 2 legs of the "T" frame and adding wheeling so I can push it a bit more out of the way when not in use....and now I'm thinking make an engine cradle that bolt to a few of the 1/2-13 tie-down holes on the table and it pretty much IS the dynamite setup. That's probably what I'll do.

The roller setup...yeah that will take space. It also requires I add a 4 post lift, so car on lift, lift drops down and locks to the rollers, its a chassis dyno. If I keep it very low profile I might be able to do it with just a set of ramps.....everything could be aluminum....that will need some thought and planning but it would be really nice to have. It only I had planned for it when I put heating pipes in the floor.......all this is at least a year out I guess, on to other things

Attachments:
20181228_111819-resized-1024.jpg
20181228_111819-resized-1024.jpg [ 138.1 KiB | Viewed 34 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6